Buying carpets online

Found 16th Jan
Not a big fan of Carpetright nor have many local carpet retailers / fitters. I am currently checking prices online (separately for underlay, grippers and carpets etc). Where would you look to get some bargains on low to mid range carpets (£10 to £15ish per m2). I have looked at flooringsuperstore, onlinecarpets.co.uk, burts.co.uk.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
I bought 4x4m sitting room carpet 7mm, 4x3m bedroom carpet 7mm (room size remnants), and grippers and 4x2.3 laminate, plus underaly for the carpet 10mm, and underlay for the laminate all from flooringsuperstore.com/. I chose when to have it delivered for my convenience. They delivered when they said they would, and sent texts to let me know. All for approx £350. plus £190 fitting from a local tradesman that I found.

If I went to SCS and Carpet Emporium for the same amount, they wanted £1200 inc fitting!!!

If I were to need carpet again, i would go with flooringsuperstore.com/ everytime.

Coudln't fault them one single bit!.You can even get free samples.
Edited by: "artnada" 16th Jan
I re-carpeted the lounge, stairs and landing. A local mobile firm was recommend. He worked out how to use the spare bits from the lounge to do a lot of the stairs. The carpet shops all failed to re-use any of those bits and wanted £500 more. And of course, they probably would have done the calculation but kept the profit for themselves.

Get a local recommendation from someone you trust
I suggest you go to your local high st shop. If only to take note of some of the design, brands you like then search ebay for both carpet and fitter. Our local bloke did 2 - 13x13 bedrooms, 1 - 10x6 bedroom and the landing with gripper, underlay & carpet (offcut) fitted for £500. We were well pleased with it too but it was just a simple gray twist pile.
Edited by: "4TheMenyNotTheFew" 16th Jan
Original Poster
artnada6 m ago

.....If I went to SCS and Carpet Emporium for the same amount, they wanted ….....If I went to SCS and Carpet Emporium for the same amount, they wanted £1200 inc fitting!!! ....

Thats exactly what I found out too..... I got a fitter to do the measurement for me and looking at prices for carpet online I think I can easily save £1K plus.
artnada2 h, 52 m ago

I bought 4x4m sitting room carpet 7mm, 4x3m bedroom carpet 7mm (room size …I bought 4x4m sitting room carpet 7mm, 4x3m bedroom carpet 7mm (room size remnants), and grippers and 4x2.3 laminate, plus underaly for the carpet 10mm, and underlay for the laminate all from http://www.flooringsuperstore.com/. I chose when to have it delivered for my convenience. They delivered when they said they would, and sent texts to let me know. All for approx £350. plus £190 fitting from a local tradesman that I found.If I went to SCS and Carpet Emporium for the same amount, they wanted £1200 inc fitting!!! If I were to need carpet again, i would go with http://www.flooringsuperstore.com/ everytime. Coudln't fault them one single bit!.You can even get free samples.

flooring superstore seem very overpriced to me albeit i was only looking for beading and laminate underlay which i found for alot less on ebay
jamstaruk197210 h, 19 m ago

flooring superstore seem very overpriced to me albeit i was only looking …flooring superstore seem very overpriced to me albeit i was only looking for beading and laminate underlay which i found for alot less on ebay

"Over priced"? lol. I'd call SCS & Carpet Emporium over priced when they quote £1200 compared to FlooringSuperstore @ £350 (plus £190 fitting from a local tradesman)
artnada17th Jan

"Over priced"? lol. I'd call SCS & Carpet Emporium over priced when they …"Over priced"? lol. I'd call SCS & Carpet Emporium over priced when they quote £1200 compared to FlooringSuperstore @ £350 (plus £190 fitting from a local tradesman)

" i did say for the laminate and underlay" you'd be mad to buy from any of those mentioned a local independant carpet store and ebay for your accesories
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions