Expired

Buying Christmas tree after Christmas

Found 24th Oct 2017
With an almost 2 year old daughter, I realise that I'm going to have to buy a Christmas tree for next year (not this year) but want to get a decent deal.

any idea how much an artificial tree costs after Christmas? mediumish height.

cheers.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Buy it this year she will love it especially at that age. Even if you don’t want it for this year you need to start looking before Christmas after they will be all gone normally reduce in the week leading to Christmas. But buy it before and see her smile.
13 Comments
Buy it this year she will love it especially at that age. Even if you don’t want it for this year you need to start looking before Christmas after they will be all gone normally reduce in the week leading to Christmas. But buy it before and see her smile.
My little boy was mesmerised with a Christmas tree even at the age of one. He’s now 4 and he’s already trying to help me pick out decorations or in his words wants it to look like Santa’s house

Tesco normally do one for about 15 when they bring them out
Original Poster
I'm not sure she'll care to much for it, either that or try Knock the blooming thing over. I'll keep an eye out in December. Cheers.
For the past few years b&m have been selling them for £9.99 with a few choice of colours. After christmas they always have some left, these go to £4.99 then to £1.00
Original Poster
No b&m near me. Think Tesco might be my best bet
How the hell have you been able to get away with not putting up a tree at Christmas? I would never get away with it!
I got this one for a fiver in b&q last January.
diy.com/dep…prd
Picked some up in Asda after Christmas a few years ago - 6ft trees at £1 each.
May be worth a look...
Original Poster
RossD894 h, 56 m ago

How the hell have you been able to get away with not putting up a tree at …How the hell have you been able to get away with not putting up a tree at Christmas? I would never get away with it!

We have been going to our parents for Christmas and never really have guests over. We ourselves are just lazy. If we didn't have a kid then I'm not sure we'd bother. Christmas isn't the same now that I have to buy gifts for other people

I'll keep an eye out. I understand there might be a few going cheap after christmas but maybe a few days before there will be a decent offer.

Thanks all.
jamesisasecret3 h, 11 m ago

If we didn't have a kid then I'm not sure we'd bother. Christmas isn't the …If we didn't have a kid then I'm not sure we'd bother. Christmas isn't the same now that I have to buy gifts for other people

Well you do, so make someone else happy about Christmas, unbelievable
Original Poster
benjammin3161 h, 19 m ago

Well you do, so make someone else happy about Christmas, unbelievable

??? Unbelievable? You do not know myself or what I'd do to make sure my girl has a great Christmas.

Go back to which ever hole you came out of, please.
jamesisasecret10 h, 26 m ago

??? Unbelievable? You do not know myself or what I'd do to make sure my …??? Unbelievable? You do not know myself or what I'd do to make sure my girl has a great Christmas. Go back to which ever hole you came out of, please.

They have a point, you have a child and they will be missing out on the joys of Christmas by not having a tree that’s why so many people have said buy one and was my first comment. You can’t be lazy with a child or they will miss out in so much, put some effort in, they will think it’s normal you not having a tree but kids have an amazing innocence about Christmas and you should want to keep it special for them even at 2. Put up the decorations, take them to see Santa and make Christmas special for them they are only small for such a short space of time and you don’t want to them to miss out on it well you might but sadly everyone else doesn’t.

Dont be offended.
I'm with the get one for this year bunch.

It's a tree in the house with bright lights and decorations on it, how can you child not love it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants