Buying Circular Saw

Found 4th Sep 2017
Currently in process of buying a circular saw for diy projects. Have looked around but cant seem to decide which one to buy in terms of brand and features it offers. I also noticed buying from amazon was slightly cheaper plus i have £20+ promo that i need to use anyway.

some of the ones i have looked into include:
[1] screwfix.com/p/m…36j

[2] screwfix.com/p/d…289

[3] screwfix.com/p/e…664

with option 2, i found that its quite difficult to get the blades in that size compared to other two options. I would really appreciate it if someone could perhaps recommend me one (doesnt have to be from options above) as i dont mind spending abit extra if it means that it will last longer and can be used for different materials (wood, metal, brick etc) with ease

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
2 Comments

I would go with the Makita. Most common size, comes in a great box, and should last a lifetime. The only downside compared to the DeWalt is no electronic brake (I have a bosch blue without, never missed the feature). If I was buying a new one today I would definitely go cordless though.

The Revolution isn't really comparable.

All 3 are decent machines, as an owner of various DeWalt and Makita tools I would recommend going for the Evolution....

My reasons as to why are if you look at the sole plate of the DeWalt & Makita you'll see they are pressed steel, whereas on the Evolution it's cast alloy - which means it's much stiffer and therefore more accurate than the DW or Makita.
Additionally, the multi purpose blades fitted are really very good. I was a little dubious about the claims made regarding the blade, but took a chance on an Evolution about 18 months ago and have not regretted it.
Screwfix do comparible multi blades much cheaper than Evolutions version.
Edited by: "andymagic" 4th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions