Groups
    EXPIRED

Buying Domain Names???

Hi. Does anyone know of any sites where you can BUY domain names? All of the ones I found were charging per month or year. I want one for ever.

test
    - acecatcher3

8 Comments

I use 123-reg.co.uk it is quite cheap and has a good reputation. You can only ever buy domain names per year but hey if you want to buy 50 years right now I guess you could but it would be a little scary Basically you buy it for a year or a couple years at a time and then each year or whatever you will get a notification a month or so before it is due to expire and you can choose to continue with it for another x amount of time. So as long as you continue paying for it before it expires it's yours forever.

Original Poster

Are the [url]www.123-reg.co.uk[/url] domain names which are £2.49pa blah.co.uk, or are they just blah.uk?

duckmagicuk2

Thinks it's .co.uk

duckmagicuk2

Are the [url]www.123-reg.co.uk[/url] domain names which are £2.49pa … Are the [url]www.123-reg.co.uk[/url] domain names which are £2.49pa blah.co.uk, or are they just blah.uk?duckmagicuk2

Well you can buy almost any TLD from 123-reg (top level domain) such as .com, .org, .net, .biz, .cc, etc..... as far as I know there is no such thing as .uk there are only sub sectors of that such as .co.uk, .ac.uk, and so on. .co.uk is the UK equivalent of .com I would say although there is a .com.uk

I used [url]www.1and1.co.uk[/url]

Original Poster

Was just about to post this too! Just picked up WebUser magazine and found the 1and1.co.uk leaflet.

**CHEAPEST** Domains! 1and1.co.uk do .co.uk domains for just £1.99 per year. Really cheap! It's what I was looking for.

Choose from: co.uk/.com/ .net/.org/.info/
    .org.uk/.me…uk/ .biz/.us/.name

50 e-mail forwarding addresses

Domain forwarding & parking

Full DNS Management

Online account management

Unlimited phone and e-mail support

==========

Great!
    duckmagicuk2

Great 1and1 have a good international reputation so looks like the plan!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661378
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892225
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?27123
      4. Ebid over Ebay66

See more discussions