Groups

Buying fake products..

Ive noticed the local Facebook selling pages have ramped up sales of fake products as Christmas gets closer..

Things like Mac Makeup, Ugg Boots, GHD Straighteners etc..

I like to point out to people that these products are indeed Fakes, but i find the comments very strange, the attitude some people take..

so for instance.

Guy selling some Mac Lipstick which retails at about £15.00 but he sells it for £8..

If Its pointed out its fake the usual comments are along the lines of

"Yeah but its half the price"

They cannot seem to understand that they could buy the exact same product thats being sold for £1.00 at poundland minus the fraudulent branding..

Its like even though they know its fake, that its not actually genuine lipstick in this instance they still want it because it has some fake branding on it...

even when its pointed out the lipstick might burn their lips off, or the straighteners are a 3rd degree burn waiting to happen they do not care..

I do not understand the mentality of someone who would rather spend £75 on fake GHD's than £30.00 on Superdrug's own or £150 on Real GHD's why is that fake more appealing than both of the others?

36 Comments

What worries most is what is in these products, I won't use fake simply for that alone.

Original Poster

Mandz27

What worries most is what is in these products, I won't use fake simply … What worries most is what is in these products, I won't use fake simply for that alone.

Yeah its seems common sense for most people is enough.. but some people seem to not care so if they do not care, why not just buy cheap stuff from superdrug's or boots, but they cant seem to work around the branding thing, but aren't willing to pay full price for the real deal..

I just find it really weird.

I have a fake pound, do they have anything I can buy with it?

i own a jewellery store and have been offered legit perfume at 80% discount via distr7bution

or its not fake it's a replica

Original Poster

Error440

a shopping trolley?

i just checked. i got nothing fake.

100% real like my tan
    http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/daved-dickinson.thumbnail.jpg

What's wrong buying replica/fake ugg boots...as long as they know it's a replica not genuine..If it makes them happy so be it.

Original Poster

Adam786123

What's wrong buying replica/fake ugg boots...as long as they know it's a … What's wrong buying replica/fake ugg boots...as long as they know it's a replica not genuine..If it makes them happy so be it.

Whats wrong is..

they could get some generic sheepskin boots from shoe zone for £10.00 or they could go and spend £130.00 for some real Ugg's

so who chooses to buy £80.00 generics with an Ugg label?

also a lot of these sellers make out they are genuine.
    Edited by: "haritori" 14th Dec 2016

haritori

Whats wrong is..they could get some generic sheepskin boots from shoe … Whats wrong is..they could get some generic sheepskin boots from shoe zone for £10.00 or they could go and spend £130.00 for some real Ugg'sso who chooses to buy £80.00 generics with an Ugg label?also a lot of these sellers make out they are genuine.

What the hell you on about....If they see something for £150 genuine and they find a replica/fake but can't splash out and want the label and THEY KNOW it's fake for £50 then it's up to them if they want it or not.

Adam786123

What the hell you on about....If they see something for £150 genuine and … What the hell you on about....If they see something for £150 genuine and they find a replica/fake but can't splash out and want the label and THEY KNOW it's fake for £50 then it's up to them if they want it or not.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2FvtwNw3HuSx6yilyEuWas_fake_armani_clothes_.jpg

Original Poster

Adam786123

What the hell you on about....If they see something for £150 genuine and … What the hell you on about....If they see something for £150 genuine and they find a replica/fake but can't splash out and want the label and THEY KNOW it's fake for £50 then it's up to them if they want it or not.

OK calm down first of all, this is just a discussion.. I am saying I do not understand that mentality..

i hate anything fake as it is pretentious.

Adam786123

What's wrong buying replica/fake ugg boots...as long as they know it's a … What's wrong buying replica/fake ugg boots...as long as they know it's a replica not genuine..If it makes them happy so be it.

The fact that most of these items have dangerous levels of chemicals in them.

Because they can't afford the real thing but want to appear (to others) as though they can. Never understood it myself either tbh.

Really dont see the point of fake clothing.I wear lacoste and fred perry polo's and see loads of cheap copies around.reason i dont buy fakes is because i know theyre fake
    Sooner wear a £6 genuine primark polo than a £20 lacoste copy

Error440

A life on Fakebook.

darcyeleanoruk

i own a jewellery store and have been offered legit perfume at 80% … i own a jewellery store and have been offered legit perfume at 80% discount via distr7bution

do you want to buy some Pamdora jewelry off me?

Mandz27

The fact that most of these items have dangerous levels of chemicals in … The fact that most of these items have dangerous levels of chemicals in them.

fake uggs are for those who do not eat their clothing

http://i65.tinypic.com/4zsoxe.jpg
    Edited by: "dataload" 14th Dec 2016

Aiden1512

Because they can't afford the real thing but want to appear (to others) … Because they can't afford the real thing but want to appear (to others) as though they can. Never understood it myself either tbh.

It's ok for you. You don't need lipstick, uggs and GHDs to look gorgeous.

Yeah I don't get it either, it's pointless

Maybe clothing isn't so bad but electronics and cosmetics is just plain stupid, yuk, I wanted a certain brand of lip stick for Xmas and told my BF he has to go in to boots or super drug to get it as there are so many fakes online it's hard to know what's real , and you gotta put that on your mouth ??? Anything could be in it

dataload

fake uggs are for those who do not eat their clothing

Our bodies are porous which means chemical leaking fugly boots are still bad for you whether you snack on them or not X)

yazzay

... you gotta put that on your mouth ??? Anything could be in it

https://media.giphy.com/media/HTd4t5YhpGxsk/giphy.gif

Oh, sorry, yeah...

To be fair, "anything" could be in the real product too.

Aiden1512

Because they can't afford the real thing but want to appear (to others) … Because they can't afford the real thing but want to appear (to others) as though they can. Never understood it myself either tbh.

​You've hit the nail on the head, it's simple really happens very often.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

It's ok for you. You don't need lipstick, uggs and GHDs to look gorgeous. … It's ok for you. You don't need lipstick, uggs and GHDs to look gorgeous.

X) stop it you

Wouldn't wear uggs, fake or otherwise. And I genuinely do need ghd's, I look like a crazy wild person if I don't straighten my hair.
    Edited by: "A1512" 15th Dec 2016

Aiden1512

X) stop it you ;)Wouldn't wear uggs, fake or otherwise. And I genuinely … X) stop it you ;)Wouldn't wear uggs, fake or otherwise. And I genuinely do need ghd's, I look like a crazy wild person if I don't straighten my hair.

I'm sure you would still look lovely even if you had been dragged through a hedge backwards.;)

It's always the people on council estates with a low income who buy these things trying to pretend to the rest of the street that they are better than them. Lol.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

I'm sure you would still look lovely even if you had been dragged through … I'm sure you would still look lovely even if you had been dragged through a hedge backwards.;)

a perfect example of why you should check hukd before eating breakfast

nokiafusion

It's always the people on council estates with a low income who buy these … It's always the people on council estates with a low income who buy these things trying to pretend to the rest of the street that they are better than them. Lol.

​Not my experience. I know plenty of middle class people who buy fake clothing and watches. Some of them are really good quality items. But they are still paying more than they are worth just because the item has a label on it.

I'm very careful, I never buy online but go to the high street shop instead.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2sI9Az35AIE/UZF3NRAOnKI/AAAAAAAAKKQ/8OLdEOMRUEQ/s640/BestChineseFashionKnockoffBrandEver.jpg
    Edited by: "gerrymig" 15th Dec 2016

Buying counterfeit football shirts/kits is the one that gets me.

If you support a team then wouldn't you want them to receive your money instead of giving it to people who have no affiliation with the club?
    Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Dec 2016

Last year i ended up buying fake cosmetics and it was from boots. And they refused me a refund because they say it was clearly marked fake tan.

if buying babyliss products check their website first for approved stockists. you can also search by Web url.

worst ever was snap bracelets on eBay / Ali express. DD was bought one. I confiscated it, checked later and it was a DIY tape measure. sharp dangerous and binned.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. No claims discount proof - Help needed56
      2. Are the free antivirus any good?11
      3. Feels weird!34
      4. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking44

See more discussions