Buying from amazon warehouse

11 replies
Found 2nd Oct 2016
Hi all,

Im a amazon prime member and on Friday purchased an item from amazon warehouse. This is the first time I had purchased from the amazon warehouse and things have gone far from smoothly. I chose to have it sent next day delivery for delivery on Saturday but its now Sunday and my item has still be despatched, Having spoken to amazon customer services I have now learnt that anything sold through amazon warehouse is actually sold through a third party who have no obligation to sell the item at the price that amazon set (this is according to amazon live chat). I have also been told that amazon are unable to give me the contact details of the third party seller and that all I can do is wait to see if and when the item is despatched. Has anyone else had such an experience? Its so frustrating!

Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

Are you sure about this?

Amazon Warehouse is Amazon, and all items sold under Amazon Warehouse come with 30days money back guarantee.

Are you not referring to Amazon Marketplace? Amazon Marketplace is Amazon and Other 3rd Party Sellers. but it all comes under their AtoZ Guarantee.

Original Poster

haritori

Are you sure about this?Amazon Warehouse is Amazon, and all items sold … Are you sure about this?Amazon Warehouse is Amazon, and all items sold under Amazon Warehouse come with 30days money back guarantee.Are you not referring to Amazon Marketplace? Amazon Marketplace is Amazon and Other 3rd Party Sellers. but it all comes under their AtoZ Guarantee.

The actual item was sold by amazon warehouse but they source stock from third party sellers according to customer support and I had no idea this was the case. Had I known I would have gone for a cheaper option but I was keen to go with amazon for the guarantee. I just assumed amazon warehouse was literrally a warehouse full of amazon products that were slightly damaged or returns, turns out this isnt the case!

the gooner

The actual item was sold by amazon warehouse but they source stock from … The actual item was sold by amazon warehouse but they source stock from third party sellers according to customer support and I had no idea this was the case. Had I known I would have gone for a cheaper option but I was keen to go with amazon for the guarantee. I just assumed amazon warehouse was literrally a warehouse full of amazon products that were slightly damaged or returns, turns out this isnt the case!

Doesnt matter whom they source stock from though, your contract of sale will be with Amazon and therefore under their guarantee..

That would be like GAME buying a used game, selling it to you and then stating that because they sourced it from a member of public selling it, then that person is responsible for aftersales support.

Sounds like someone at Amazon can't be bothered or is having you on, which is unusual as they general have A+ 1st level customer service

I bought a Netatmo thermostat the other day that was dead on arrival. Not impressed.

p9dyl

I bought a Netatmo thermostat the other day that was dead on arrival. Not … I bought a Netatmo thermostat the other day that was dead on arrival. Not impressed.

Sadly people return their "dead" goods and keep the new one. I know amazon has recently started storing serial numbers to try stop this on electricals.
Edited by: "kiish" 2nd Oct 2016

kiish

Sadly people return their "dead" goods and keep the new one. I know … Sadly people return their "dead" goods and keep the new one. I know amazon has recently started storing serial numbers to try stop this on electricals.

It could just be really bad luck, you would think they would power up items before sending them out.

Original Poster

haritori

Doesnt matter whom they source stock from though, your contract of sale … Doesnt matter whom they source stock from though, your contract of sale will be with Amazon and therefore under their guarantee..That would be like GAME buying a used game, selling it to you and then stating that because they sourced it from a member of public selling it, then that person is responsible for aftersales support.Sounds like someone at Amazon can't be bothered or is having you on, which is unusual as they general have A+ 1st level customer service

Thanks for your response I appreciate it. I thought it all sounded a bit odd as I do a lot of online shopping and have never encountered this before. I dont think ill be ordering from amazon warehouse again! Ill try calling them again but all I seem to get is people reading from scripts

Sounds as if the person you spoke with is new and didn't grasp the difference between Warehouse and Marketplace so ring again.

If it hasn't shipped that usually means they couldn't find it so expect it to be cancelled.

Original Poster

Agharta

Sounds as if the person you spoke with is new and didn't grasp the … Sounds as if the person you spoke with is new and didn't grasp the difference between Warehouse and Marketplace so ring again.If it hasn't shipped that usually means they couldn't find it so expect it to be cancelled.

Thanks for your help. I did call again and was given completely the wrong info the first time around. The person I spoke to this time around has managed to reorder the item I purchased as it is stil in stock with amazon warehouse. The cost was higher but they were happy to refund the difference as way of apology. Thanks again everyone who helped!

Had same sort of issues.Ordered and delivered 5 day late, missing bits from order.
When the survey comes from amazon fill it out but click on the NO bit at the bottom and let them call you back.
After moaning a bit about delivery and that you pay for prime they will give a 1 month extension.Ive moaned a lot and extended my prime from 06/2016 to 05/2017. You can get 12 extensions in a 1 year period.So FREE prime for 11 months so far.

Do you post on this thread,if not,maybe ask on there see if anyone has encountered the same issue?

hotukdeals.com/dea…052

Oh,I see it's been resolved,I've only just read to the end,please ignore me lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315402
    2. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine33
    3. word association Game74244883
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322840

See more discussions