Buying from eBay.com No international shipping option

Posted 19th Jan
I understand there are some companies that will buy items on your behalf and send them to you for listings on eBay that don't have an international shipping option. Has anyone used/can anyone recommend any such services? Or have I just dreamed this all up? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
These are forwarding services. They don't buy on your behalf, you still need to buy whatever you need. But they will provide a US address to get it shipped locally and then organise the shipment to you. It isn't cheap and I say this after having had a US mailbox for the last 10+ years. Why not simply buy from a seller who ships internationally through eBay's global shipping plan? The other risk is that if the shipment gets damaged in transit to you, eBay will not cover it because their obligation ended after it was delivered to the US address.
bozo00719/01/2020 09:12

These are forwarding services. They don't buy on your behalf, you still …These are forwarding services. They don't buy on your behalf, you still need to buy whatever you need. But they will provide a US address to get it shipped locally and then organise the shipment to you. It isn't cheap and I say this after having had a US mailbox for the last 10+ years. Why not simply buy from a seller who ships internationally through eBay's global shipping plan? The other risk is that if the shipment gets damaged in transit to you, eBay will not cover it because their obligation ended after it was delivered to the US address.

The item I wanted is something that I've never seen in the UK, and at the moment the only seller on eBay.com doesn't have an international shipping option. I have contacted them but not got a reply.

A very long time ago I wanted something from Toys r us in the US. I found a place that did indeed (seemingly) buy it for you (after you paid them obviously). You showed them the item you wanted and they have you a quote including cost of item and shipping. But this was yonks ago and I didn't actually do it. So hazy memory.
ra78619/01/2020 09:22

The item I wanted is something that I've never seen in the UK, and at the …The item I wanted is something that I've never seen in the UK, and at the moment the only seller on eBay.com doesn't have an international shipping option. I have contacted them but not got a reply. A very long time ago I wanted something from Toys r us in the US. I found a place that did indeed (seemingly) buy it for you (after you paid them obviously). You showed them the item you wanted and they have you a quote including cost of item and shipping. But this was yonks ago and I didn't actually do it. So hazy memory.

I use a shipping company called Stackry, I'm sure they have a personal shopper option at $12 plus shipping costs. The cheapest way to do it, is to sign up to one of these companies, add the address they give you to your eBay addresses and then when you go onto ebay.com change your address to the the new address and buy the item you want.
I use myus.com for this type of things. For a free membership, you are allowed single items to be delivered to them (in the US), and then they send them on to you in the UK (you pay the postage).

Good service that I've used for years.
Edited by: "ITRUK" 19th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants