buying from the Wish app?

Posted 20th Nov
I guess by now we all know everything (or at least 95% of things) is sent from China

now I have bought from the app before, but only things like T-shirt’s, hats, gloves

anyway... my question is, would you trust buying a laptop/tablet? or even anything electronic?

I mean they sell for like £2, which is obviously worth the risk should it not be delivered

but for this price I’m more paranoid about it being delivered, and the seller spying on me, and putting virus on there to read my key types

am I just being paranoid?
or is it the same thoughts you have?

does anyone have experience with this app, and buying electronics from it?
or know anyone who has?

thanks a million times
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I have no experience with Wish, but honestly I would no way buy anything like that from those kind of sites, inc Gearbest etc,
Edited by: "malnuman" 20th Nov
It's just a more expensive crap version of aliexpress with less protection.
It's not a scam site in terms of items being delivered. They deliver what you buy however it's the listing you should be aware of. Electronics will just be really bad like honestly so bad. Would not buy any electronics from them imo
Edited by: "Raheel7102" 21st Nov
I wouldn't buy any electronics on Wish, I would only buy electronics like Xiaomi from Banggood, Gearbest, AliExpress

If it's a £2 for Laptop/Tablet it's definitely a scam so don't even bother, that's probably why they make the item so low value so people don't bother refunding
I’ve never heard of banggood and gearbest, I’ll have a look

I did know of aliexpress when I believe it was alibaba, they could be different companies

there is a mobility scooter on aliexpress that I want, minimum order is 2 though

and I’m just not sure how reliable they are?
Mendoza21/11/2019 16:07

I’ve never heard of banggood and gearbest, I’ll have a lookI did know of al …I’ve never heard of banggood and gearbest, I’ll have a lookI did know of aliexpress when I believe it was alibaba, they could be different companies there is a mobility scooter on aliexpress that I want, minimum order is 2 though and I’m just not sure how reliable they are?

Alibaba owns AliExpress and DHGate both big sites

Alibaba is pretty wealthy, it's one of the richest in China
Edited by: "Norseg" 21st Nov
Just don't.

AliExpress is fine. Essentially a Chinese version of Ebay for the international market.

Wish is essentially the Mos Eisley of the internet.
Norseg21/11/2019 13:01

I wouldn't buy any electronics on Wish, I would only buy electronics like …I wouldn't buy any electronics on Wish, I would only buy electronics like Xiaomi from Banggood, Gearbest, AliExpressIf it's a £2 for Laptop/Tablet it's definitely a scam so don't even bother, that's probably why they make the item so low value so people don't bother refunding

Anybody ever considering buying electronics or PC parts from that site should watch this first.

youtube.com/wat…345
Spark21/11/2019 17:31

Anybody ever considering buying electronics or PC parts from that site …Anybody ever considering buying electronics or PC parts from that site should watch this first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzVENgK1KnA&lc=z22nzd3oxsasujbshacdp431ostkszrz4bfq0z54aktw03c010c.1574288609413345

Yeah I know and idiots fall for it with the mentality "oh it's only X so it's worth the risk just incase it's real" like what the f
Edited by: "Norseg" 21st Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions