Buying from Theedustore Vs Apple themselves

Found 14th Sep 2017
I'm looking for a 15" inch macbook pro top spec but without any upgrades to it and I'm kinda in a pickle with this so if you could help me out it would be appreciated.

If I buy this from Theedustore it's gonna cost me £2,188 and it comes with a Free 4 year warranty. I also plan on getting the 3 year Accidental and Theft cover for an extra £332 bringing my total up to £2,521.

If I buy this same machine from Apple (Education price) it will cost me £2,428 and if I get Applecare it's going to be an extra £134 which will total £2,593 (note I get extra pair of Beats).

And my main question is do I buy from Apple or Theedustore. If I buy from Theedustore I will have 4 year warranty and 3 year theft and accidental cover. However if I buy directly from Apple I'm going to have the convenience of just going to any Apple store to get it fixed rather than having to send it by post and wait for it to get fixed. But also Apple won't cover me for accidental and theft. I'm in uni so I need this machine to stay with me for 4-5 years.

Thanks in advance for help.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Apple. I have never heard of the other store despite also looking for a MacBook and being a college student (uni next year). If you're bothered, I'm pretty sure you can get insurance from somewhere else that offers theft coverage.

By the way, (for iPhones at least) you can just take it to an Apple Store no matter where you bought it from (providing it is new, or Apple-refurbished, which means it comes with an Apple warranty). But then it might be a different case for MacBooks so don't hold me on it.
Dolphinzz49 m ago

Apple. I have never heard of the other store despite also looking for a …Apple. I have never heard of the other store despite also looking for a MacBook and being a college student (uni next year). If you're bothered, I'm pretty sure you can get insurance from somewhere else that offers theft coverage.By the way, (for iPhones at least) you can just take it to an Apple Store no matter where you bought it from (providing it is new, or Apple-refurbished, which means it comes with an Apple warranty). But then it might be a different case for MacBooks so don't hold me on it.

The other store is an Apple authorised reseller and are 100% legit and sell all Apple products for discount if you are a uni student
mayhemayhem27 m ago

The other store is an Apple authorised reseller and are 100% legit and …The other store is an Apple authorised reseller and are 100% legit and sell all Apple products for discount if you are a uni student

Okay well either way it's up to you
Wherever you buy the MacBook from you can take it back to an Apple Store for repairs if required. At that price I'm guess you're going for something with the TouchBar. Personally, I wouldn't bother as its gimmicky as anything and of very little real use unless you're desperate to use TouchID on your computer. It may be that it's the one feature that's swaying you, but I'd certainly recommend having a good fiddle with one somewhere first.

That way your money would go a bit further or you could upgrade the spec a little for the same money.
Cakeboy7914th Sep

Wherever you buy the MacBook from you can take it back to an Apple Store …Wherever you buy the MacBook from you can take it back to an Apple Store for repairs if required. At that price I'm guess you're going for something with the TouchBar. Personally, I wouldn't bother as its gimmicky as anything and of very little real use unless you're desperate to use TouchID on your computer. It may be that it's the one feature that's swaying you, but I'd certainly recommend having a good fiddle with one somewhere first. That way your money would go a bit further or you could upgrade the spec a little for the same money.

It's not really that important. I want a 15" MacBook pro with top specs. The one without touchbar is the 2015 model which is already 2 years old so it won't be as fast as the new ones
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants