Buying games from Asda, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, Lovefilm etc...

3 replies
Found 17th Apr 2009
I've noticed Asda, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, Lovefilm (and probably others?) all seem to use the same online ordering system and supplier and all seem to suffer from the same problem.. 8 times out of 10, I'll place an order with one of these companies which fail to be dispatched within the time stated. Instead I'm forever getting emails saying something along the lines of: "we're chasing up our suppliers about this title as a matter of urgency", yet often weeks can go by and the site I've ordered from seems to have no idea when their stock will turn up.

I want to know if I'm the only one having issues when ordering from these sites?

And why do they list things for sale if they dont have them in stock and seem to have no idea when they'll be in stock, yet still state dispatch times of 2-5 days or 2-4 weeks etc?

3 Comments

I ordered a dvd from zavvi with the £5 voucher they were sending out, stll not received it just keep getting emails saying they will send it shortly.

They're all the same company(at least most of the ones you posted), they're just different facades all under the same banner - I'm sure all the stock comes from the same place(s).

Funny, I've found The Hut group stores really good from my own experiences.

Received all my orders inside 1-3 days.

robtallica;4958105

They're all the same company(at least most of the ones you posted), … They're all the same company(at least most of the ones you posted), they're just different facades all under the same banner - I'm sure all the stock comes from the same place(s).Funny, I've found The Hut group stores really good from my own experiences.Received all my orders inside 1-3 days.

+1 . . .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray11
    2. Best Way to Cook Pheasant Breasts?33
    3. Wireless earphones57
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?44

See more discussions