Groups

Buying iphone second hand - worries?

Hi
    I've been looking at second hand iphone's.

What worries me if I buy it, they can just ring up say its lost/stolen then its barred?

Is there anything to cover this? Or to stop this happening?

Regards

13 Comments

Or in a pub

Banned

keep all records of purchase. If it does get barred you can take proof of purchase to the police who will pass the details on to the insurance fraud department who will get it unblocked.

They're not going to unblock it if it's stolen..even if you keep all 'receipts'.

If you get a receipt with purchase from the seller and make sure he shows some photo id when he sells to you as proof of who he is, there is no way he can report it stolen as he'd end up getting a caution and court case i would have thought.

insist on pick up in person only.
    then if it all goes Pete Tong you can go back with some lead pipe wealding MOFO's
    and politely ask for your money back.

Need to stop watching Tarentino movies.........

hibees

insist on pick up in person only.then if it all goes Pete Tong you can go … insist on pick up in person only.then if it all goes Pete Tong you can go back with some lead pipe wealding MOFO'sand politely ask for your money back.Need to stop watching Tarentino movies.........

As long as I'm not Mr Pink

Ive been looking on ebay, as long as i pay via paypal am i covered if it all goes t i t s up?

your only covered for 3 months i think and most people wait til the 4th month and then try to claim on insurance

If it was me I would say big no no to buying anything of this value second hand.

aunty jane

Ive been looking on ebay, as long as i pay via paypal am i covered if it … Ive been looking on ebay, as long as i pay via paypal am i covered if it all goes t i t s up?

Those slimy ****ers wil have a getout clause.

buy one of the many at&t iphones being sold on ebay, and then just unlock it yourself or wait til an unlock comes out. Thats what i have done, no chance of it being barred

Or bite the bullet, sign up for a contract and get a new one?! Or buy one you can put applecare on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions