Buying lappy from amazon.fr?

8 replies
Found 20th Nov 2016
Found a machine i want... what should i be weary of, other than the obvious eu plug and expensive to return if needed?

8 Comments

The keyboard is different for a french version. We have QWERTY on the first row, they have AZERTY.

AZERTY keyboards differ from the QWERTY keyboard in that the Q and W keys have been interchanged with the A and Z keys. Another difference between QWERTY and AZERTY keyboard is that the M key on an AZERTY is to the left of the L key.

Original Poster

Truly.Yours18

The keyboard is different for a french version. We have QWERTY on the … The keyboard is different for a french version. We have QWERTY on the first row, they have AZERTY.AZERTY keyboards differ from the QWERTY keyboard in that the Q and W keys have been interchanged with the A and Z keys. Another difference between QWERTY and AZERTY keyboard is that the M key on an AZERTY is to the left of the L key.

oooh did not know this - i touch type so that is a big problem.. thanks!

espirit77

You can change the keyboard to English in the settings but they keys are still wrong, we have 2 US laptops and even though they are qwerty many keys are in the wrong place but even the kids know where to look without having to check the actual keys. For us they were dirt cheap, would have to be very very cheap though to get a French one.

espirit77

Just switch the keys around then....although if you touch type, you probably don't even need to know what letters are printed on the keys after a GB English install of the OS anyway
Edited by: "GrantG182" 20th Nov 2016

Original Poster

GrantG182

Just switch the keys around then....although if you touch type, you … Just switch the keys around then....although if you touch type, you probably don't even need to know what letters are printed on the keys after a GB English install of the OS anyway

this is true, it's a chromebook, so i guess i would just choose English - UK keyboard layout from settings somewhere?

Banned

eslick

You can change the keyboard to English in the settings but they keys are … You can change the keyboard to English in the settings but they keys are still wrong, we have 2 US laptops and even though they are qwerty many keys are in the wrong place but even the kids know where to look without having to check the actual keys. For us they were dirt cheap, would have to be very very cheap though to get a French one.

I think you have crappy keyboards.

my us laptop is fine when switched to UK eng

Original Poster

As long as the voice recognition isn't some french bird I think i can handle it

Mortis123

I think you have crappy keyboards.my us laptop is fine when switched to … I think you have crappy keyboards.my us laptop is fine when switched to UK eng

think yours is the ....keyboard, US and UK keyboards have keys in different places.

blogs.transparent.com/eng…rd/
Edited by: "eslick" 21st Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1232
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!88
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2339
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247605

See more discussions