Groups

buying laptop for uni....

For my course I need no specific software other than office and a browser. ...

What I want most from it is it to be thin and light with pretty decent battery life (8 hours if I can)

12-14" would be perfect, 1080p would be nice, and i wouldn't complain if it had a touch screen .... but I can't ask for everything so will compromise on these bits if I have too...

I can spend up to £450 but needs to be in argos as I will be putting it on a store card....

Is there any of you lovely people who wouldn't mind helping me pick one?

Main priority for me is battery and portability. ...

2 Comments

Larger laptops with 15.6 screens tend to be cheaper than decent spec 12-14" laptops.
    Most smaller laptops will not have a 1080p screen unless they are well above the amount you have mentioned.
    I have no idea about battery life (although it should be respectable with this low power CPU) but if portability is important have a look at this:
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    It's a little smaller than 12" but 11.6 is close.

Check out the Acer Aspires... a lot of them offer amazing battery life. I've had one for about 3-4 years and it's still going strong and still gives me 4-5 hours of video playback - used to do about 8 hours!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button79
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40211
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423514459
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851340

See more discussions