Expired

buying laptop for xmas present

Found 29th Sep 2008
would this do for surfing, playing the sims and downloading music never had one before so advice appreciated.
Acer aspire 5920
intel core duel processor T5550
2gb ram
HDD 250gb
5 in 1 card reader
dvd super multi
wireless
windows vista

8 Comments

Link ?

How much ?

2Gb of RAM and 250Gb hard drive are fine for what you want to do.

If it is £350 it is a bargain, if it is £400 that is about right.

Can you post a link to your purchase? There are so many variable for the same model.
The graphics are the issue for gaming. I had a laptop with onboard graphics and couldn't play anything 3d.

Yep, thats more than enough to do what your wanting to do on the laptop. Pretty good processor, plenty of RAM etc. Very good laptop spec. Only thing I'm not keen on is Vista but thats just my operating system opinion. Overall its an extremely good laptop spec for surfing, standard gaming, emails, letters, spreadsheets etc its a very good all rounder to be honest.

Hi,

From the above spec i think that game play would be possible although not ideal. I think your model has a Nvidia 8600GT graphics controller, which has 250MB of dedicated memory so it would cope good with older games in your case Sims.

Your Ram and HDD are good - your processor is OK although i wouldn’t go lower than a T5800 or T3200.

So all in all its adequate for what you want it for - and if your getting it for a good price then obviously there’s a trade off between price and spec.

Enjoy

Banned

Danny_d;3078479

Hi,From the above spec i think that game play would be possible although … Hi,From the above spec i think that game play would be possible although not ideal. I think your model has a Nvidia 8600GT graphics controller, which has 250MB of dedicated memory so it would cope good with older games in your case Sims.Your Ram and HDD are good - your processor is OK although i wouldn’t go lower than a T5800 or T3200.So all in all its adequate for what you want it for - and if your getting it for a good price then obviously there’s a trade off between price and spec.Enjoy

most pc's around the 500 mark have less than t5800 usually t5550 or t5750 if lucky?

just looking around for 1 meself at the mo

Yea mate it depends - that was just my opinion/preference.

I think around the £500 mark for a PC - your probably looking at a speed of around 2.4GHZ- which you can get from Quad Q series.

Id recommend you to have a look at the Dell 530 or Packard Bell Ixtremes for that price range/speed?

Kindest Regards
:thumbsup:

deek72;3078331

Can you post a link to your purchase? There are so many variable for the … Can you post a link to your purchase? There are so many variable for the same model.The graphics are the issue for gaming. I had a laptop with onboard graphics and couldn't play anything 3d.

The sims is 8 years old and was designed for low end PCs to start with so anything new isn't going to have a problem with it, even onboard graphics.

For your very basic requirements the laptop is far more than enough, although it is acer so the quality and customer service aren't likely to be great.

Banned

i was looking at
samsung r510
sony vaio nr38s/s
toshiba a300d16c
toshiba a3001j1
or maybe
dell xps 1530
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771752
    3. Sky VIP free tickets alert77
    4. Brexit: Euro zone economy set for best year in a decade as UK registers wor…1324

See more discussions