Groups
    EXPIRED

Buying laptop hard drive (internal)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me UK based stores where I can buy internal hard drive for my laptop. I don;t have much knowledge in this field. Just to make sure that I don;t pick a wrong hard drive, I was hoping to enter my laptop model on a website and in return get the applicable HDD model for that laptop. I did a google and came across a few websites but they are all US based. (for example http://www.upgradecomputermemory.com/).

Is there a similar UK based website? (trying to save on P+P, customs and warranty issues)

Cheers!

6 Comments

you would be best off putting the details of the laptop and the size of the drive speed etc on here and someone will help you. Usually there are websites such as ebuyer that will have good prices on. im not sure there is anywhere that will check your hard drive. You will need a 2.5 " hard drive it just depends on what type your lasptop supports

What brand and model is your laptop - as a starting point?

Original Poster

KrispiiDuck;5980769

What brand and model is your laptop - as a starting point?

I have a Vaio VGN-S56GP. I bought it from Asia pacific.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5980041

If you let us know if it's sata or ide then we can help more.

It is a SATA hard drive.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5983013

Ok, really then any 2.5" SATA hard drive should work just fine.

Are they all standard size? How would I know if that will fit inside my laptop? ( I mean in terms of physical dimensions?)

nomeames;5983801

Are they all standard size? How would I know if that will fit inside my … Are they all standard size? How would I know if that will fit inside my laptop? ( I mean in terms of physical dimensions?)

Yep they are all a standard size (2.5"), you just screw it into the place of your old one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      3. I want some backless loafers for men33
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510

See more discussions