Buying Netflix from Ebay ?

Posted 15th Aug 2018
I bought a Netflix account from Ebay a good 2 years ago for £4.99 .
Doesn’t seem like anyone else uses it as nothing never changes just brings up stuff I have watched .
My mate says it’s a stolen account?
I still use it most days and a bargain at less than a fiver for 2 years upto now .
But surely if it was a stolen account would the user just reset it ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Deep down you know something is not legit. You just want HUKD to say its OK
eslick23 m ago

you always will but as has been mentioned above they arent legit and in …you always will but as has been mentioned above they arent legit and in all fairness you will know that and are helping fund some crime somewhere along the chain. If you think Netfllix will sell accounts for that sum of money, its a poor reflection on the world we live in

Maybe this is why Netflix is going up all the time, We are all paying for the dodgy accounts. I've been paying Netflix for 10 + years and can remember when it was £5-99 for 2 slots which has now gone to £7-49 I think but I now have the £9-99 package as brother uses it as well which hes supposed to pay for when he can be bothered .
31 Comments
Most likely someone subscribed to Netflix with a nicked credit card and the actual card holder never noticed the monthly charges to their card.
SUMMONER4 m ago

Most likely someone subscribed to Netflix with a nicked credit card and …Most likely someone subscribed to Netflix with a nicked credit card and the actual card holder never noticed the monthly charges to their card.

But the seller I used had 12 months of great feedback of selling Netflix accounts ? Surely they are not using stolen cards for 12 months ?
If the account fee wasn't settled every month the account would have been disabled long ago, so someone is clearly paying for it.

Since the person in question is not sharing the use of the account with you I would assume he/she doesn't know that it exists.
SUMMONER6 m ago

If the account fee wasn't settled every month the account would have been …If the account fee wasn't settled every month the account would have been disabled long ago, so someone is clearly paying for it.Since the person in question is not sharing the use of the account with you I would assume he/she doesn't know that it exists.

But he has sold over 300 Netflix accounts ?
So he can’t be using 300 stolen cards can he ??????????
Pass, I have no idea. I doubt even a Netflix employee could create 300 accounts without adding billing info to them.

Is it possible that Netflix sell vouchers that allow one to buy you an entire year or more in advance?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 15th Aug 2018
SUMMONER7 m ago

Pass, I have no idea. I doubt even a Netflix employee could create 300 …Pass, I have no idea. I doubt even a Netflix employee could create 300 accounts without adding billing info to them.Is it possible that Netflix sell vouchers that allow one to buy you an entire year or more in advance?

Yes , they r probably Netflix gift cards bought through black money ( credit card stolen etc ) , then used and sold quickly
deleted1410297
They are usually phished accounts or hacked accounts via DB leaks and whatever else goes on in the blackmarket. You shouldn't be using them.
deleted141029715/08/2018 12:55

They are usually phished accounts or hacked accounts via DB leaks and …They are usually phished accounts or hacked accounts via DB leaks and whatever else goes on in the blackmarket. You shouldn't be using them.

Nothing can happen to you , just the account you are using gets closed and eBay seller replaces it with another
It wasn’t sold as a stolen account I have proof of that , it was bought legally from Ebay and payed by PayPal.
I will continue to use it and hopefully get another couple of years from it .
Just don’t no how they get away with selling 100s of accounts like this on eBay .
Saved me a good £150 though .
Keep telling yourself that, doesn't make it true so.
They are stolen, ebay don't sell legit netflix accounts.
SUMMONER15/08/2018 13:13

Keep telling yourself that, doesn't make it true so.

it was advertised as a legal sale , Ebay say it’s a legal sale .
I am covered .
So everything is spot on .
Just think it’s crazy they can sell 100s if it’s Dodgy .
deleted1410297
hethekid28 m ago

Nothing can happen to you , just the account you are using gets closed and …Nothing can happen to you , just the account you are using gets closed and eBay seller replaces it with another

Of course nothing can happen to you (potentially at Netflix’s discretion you can get your IP flagged for using illicitly obtained accounts).

But it’s clear where these accounts are from and no one *should* be using stolen goods.
Had a few messages from other members asking for a link to the seller so they can buy !!!!!
yozzman123415/08/2018 13:59

Had a few messages from other members asking for a link to the seller so …Had a few messages from other members asking for a link to the seller so they can buy !!!!!

you always will but as has been mentioned above they arent legit and in all fairness you will know that and are helping fund some crime somewhere along the chain. If you think Netfllix will sell accounts for that sum of money, its a poor reflection on the world we live in
How about IPTV ?
1000s of sellers on eBay , why are they allowed to sell that ?
I have saved £100 a month the past 18 months using that . Dropped my package down to internet only .
eslick23 m ago

you always will but as has been mentioned above they arent legit and in …you always will but as has been mentioned above they arent legit and in all fairness you will know that and are helping fund some crime somewhere along the chain. If you think Netfllix will sell accounts for that sum of money, its a poor reflection on the world we live in

Maybe this is why Netflix is going up all the time, We are all paying for the dodgy accounts. I've been paying Netflix for 10 + years and can remember when it was £5-99 for 2 slots which has now gone to £7-49 I think but I now have the £9-99 package as brother uses it as well which hes supposed to pay for when he can be bothered .
Goto account billing details and see whos paying for it
djnaff1 h, 20 m ago

Goto account billing details and see whos paying for it

unless its paid though iTunes
Hi mate, you had loads of comments before mine so I apologise if someone already said this, I bought a similar one to yours but for £10, it is private that way and not shared with someone else, yours is obviously shared with one other person who also bought the service, if I am correct the account gets cancelled every month, so you need to conteact the seller and they give you a new email and password. My seller is not using stolen cards, what he is doing is using vpn and just opening new 30 day trials every month, atleast that's what i think hes doing
Slick4Tech15/08/2018 16:10

Hi mate, you had loads of comments before mine so I apologise if someone …Hi mate, you had loads of comments before mine so I apologise if someone already said this, I bought a similar one to yours but for £10, it is private that way and not shared with someone else, yours is obviously shared with one other person who also bought the service, if I am correct the account gets cancelled every month, so you need to conteact the seller and they give you a new email and password. My seller is not using stolen cards, what he is doing is using vpn and just opening new 30 day trials every month, atleast that's what i think hes doing

Nope it’s the same email and password for 2 years . It’s only got one user on it that’s me .
Deep down you know something is not legit. You just want HUKD to say its OK
I noticed a £5 charge on my credit card to Netflix. This was before I subscribed to the service which I now pay for through iTunes coz the sign up process getting messing up with my cards. Also iTunes is £1 cheaper.

I chased the bank about the unauthorised charge and they knew it was Netflix immediately without checking when I said the amount. Apparently, it's extremely common and Netflix do not pass any details of the IP, location etc to the bank of the fraudulent use for it to be tracked.
yozzman12344 h, 37 m ago

It wasn’t sold as a stolen account I have proof of that , it was bought l …It wasn’t sold as a stolen account I have proof of that , it was bought legally from Ebay and payed by PayPal. I will continue to use it and hopefully get another couple of years from it . Just don’t no how they get away with selling 100s of accounts like this on eBay . Saved me a good £150 though .

You think the seller will admit it was a stolen account?
If your mate said it’s a stolen account and everyone on Hotuk deals is saying it’s stolen then it’s stolen. Use some common sense or call Netflix and ask them. The account itself isn’t stolen that’s why there’s no activity on it but the account is being funded from somewhere and this is the stolen bit, someone’s paying for it (their card details was used) without knowing it otherwise your subscription would have ended long time ago. “ Advertised as a legal sale and eBay say it’s legal “ lmao you know people can sell stolen goods on eBay without eBay knowing
Edited by: "MR1123" 15th Aug 2018
It could be the seller on ebay is a philanthropist and this is one of the ways they help those less fortunate than themselves - by (almost) giving away Netflix subscriptions! Bill Gates perhaps?
If I thought someone was unknowingly paying for my netflix, I couldn't continue doing it. Someone out there could be struggling to feed their kids and you're allowing money from their account to be taken each month. If you're a good and decent person, you'll find out who is being billed for this.
Many people, not usually the crowd here, sign up for free trials and then forget to cancel them. The same folks don't look closely at their bank statements. These unused accounts can get hijacked later. Maybe there should be a law requiring companies to warn account owners about their inactive account after 6 months of no activity. In the case of magazine subscriptions, perhaps a requirement to not automatically renew the subscription by default.
Edited by: "bozo007" 15th Aug 2018
Van197315/08/2018 19:44

It could be the seller on ebay is a philanthropist and this is one of the …It could be the seller on ebay is a philanthropist and this is one of the ways they help those less fortunate than themselves - by (almost) giving away Netflix subscriptions! Bill Gates perhaps?

Wow I didn’t think this thread could get any worse. First op is indeniel and then comes the next crazy delusional person to back up the indeniel one.Less fortunate would probably have no Internet and out of all things a Netflix sub will help the less fortunate really
MR11238 m ago

Wow I didn’t think this thread could get any worse. First op is indeniel a …Wow I didn’t think this thread could get any worse. First op is indeniel and then comes the next crazy delusional person to back up the indeniel one.Less fortunate would probably have no Internet and out of all things a Netflix sub will help the less fortunate really

Those who have had a Sense of Humour bypass like MR1123 please click here
yozzman123415th Aug

it was advertised as a legal sale , Ebay say it’s a legal sale . I am c …it was advertised as a legal sale , Ebay say it’s a legal sale . I am covered . So everything is spot on . Just think it’s crazy they can sell 100s if it’s Dodgy .

Contact Netflix and ask. If it's within their contract terms then going to be happy for you to continue using it.

If it's not you'll have the satisfaction of stopping a criminal scamming others.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants