Buying "new with box" trainers from eBay

Posted 18th Mar 2023
Hi All,

My pair of well-loved Adidas Gazelle OG's are about to give up the ghost (though they have probably done so already), and so I've been looking to get a pair of Gazelle II's to replace them. A fellow HUKD user made a joke about getting trainers for peanuts on eBay and, since these particular shoes are exempt from any discount code at every retailer I look at, I decided to have a look at some listings. There appears to be several listings claiming to sell genuine pairs for about £20-£25 cheaper than most (with tags, original boxes and all), which is good but also leaves me a bit apprehensive because a pair of Gazelle II's for £60-ish seems too good to be true?
Anyone have experience with buying trainers from listings like these?

Any thoughts would be very helpful! Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    mdubs
    Cant really comment on gazelle's but with ebay as a buyer if you're not happy for any reason you're almost guarenteed to get your money back.
    Mendoza
    the box might be bashed, or they could be catalog returns, because of a loose stitch or something ..

I used to sell trainers on eBay, at a discount, because of these reasons
    Rick_Hussain Author
    Ooh, interesting! Wrong colour, but I've had a cheeky look myself and found that the colour I'm looking for (black w/ white stripes) is in stock - which is good!

Never heard of Mainline Menswear though which is probably why it probably didn't catch my eye the first time. Still a bit apprehensive but, because these are cheaper here than on some ebay listings, maybe I'll give it a whirl and hide behind Paypal just in case things go wrong.

Appreciate the effort!
    sussexroyal
    gazelles seem to be 75 on the adidas site and google shows a number of 20% off codes
    Myusernamehasgone234
    I think Gazelles tend to be excluded from codes I'm afraid.
    mysmugcat
    My boyfriend has bought some from ebay. Not from just one seller. These ones were genuine. I have bought genuine Converse from ebay.
    You are right, some likely are not you should know quickly and as said, return them.
    D944
    I have experience selling them.

I actually wore them for about a week but they still looked new.

Buyer didn't return.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants