Expired

buying online from cex with vouchers

Found 8th May 2012
hi
got some cex vouchers that id like to spend but my local store hasnt got the item i want in. has anyone ever bought anything from their website then sent in the vouchers in so they can be refunded the amount paid for on card and the vouchers used for payment
thanks
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
gotta buy it, then send in the voucher, and then they refund you.

Slow ass process, send recorded, include the online reciept, write on the voucher what your using it against.

Then hope.
can the store order it from central warehouse for you? I am sure I have heard of them doing that for people, Sheffield one you want I guess?

Edited by: "harlzter" 8th May 2012
I sent my credit note 2 weeks ago for a item I brought online and I got refunded last week so it was prompt.

We tried that once! They will make you buy online if the option is there, if its only available in another store they can supposedly do a stock transfer. We asked them to do that as it wasn’t online and watched as they phoned the other store. They said it was ok and to check back in a couple of weeks, did that and then a checked a week later etc etc in the end we just gave up. I would avoid buying anything from them that they do not have physically in store. I can just see it all ending in tears, they are really bad at customer service.

Sara x

harlzter

can the store order it from central warehouse for you? I am sure I have … can the store order it from central warehouse for you? I am sure I have heard of them doing that for people, Sheffield one you want I guess?

I would just go for it, while I don't have any experience with sending vouchers in against items I have had to deal with customer services before. I receieved a game in bad condition it was only worth £20 or so, but complained, they advised to send it back special delivery.
I did and got the refund within a few days of them having it, then I forgot to email them the receipt for the special delivery but within a week there was a check for the amount that special delivery cost without me even sending the receipt!
At the end of the day I wasn't out of pocket at all and while they could keep you updated a little more I have ordered near 100 items and had 1 problem and they sorted that very well :-).
I wish you good luck, have a read of my thread I was issuing a court summons today, but finally Royal Mail (not CEX) found my item...

if somethiing goes wrong you are screwed
lilraul

I sent my credit note 2 weeks ago for a item I brought online and I got … I sent my credit note 2 weeks ago for a item I brought online and I got refunded last week so it was prompt.

FFS Its bought not brought
On a positive note - I ordered items online (took about a week to arrive) after I was happy with the items I sent the vouchers second class recorded, the next day they processed and had the money back in my paypal account. The value of the vouchers was also 20p over so they sent an e-voucher for 20p too! Very painless process, I was worried before I did it but it was OK for me!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants