Buying other retailer giftcards from Currys

Found 30th Dec 2017
Do Currys do it? I can't seem to find any giftcards, only top-ups for video game related wallets (PSN etc.) online. Does anyone know if they have cards for retailers in-store?

I am trying to convert my left over credit from the Black Friday cancellation into John Lewis, Tesco, Amazon, Argos giftcards or cash.

I'm not in a hurry or anything so am not willing to lose 10% on selling portals etc.

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Currys don't sell any other retailers card instore. Only option you have as you mentioned are things like PSN, Steam and Microsoft.

Also you will find there are no retailers that let you use their gift cards to purchase other retailers, normally always in small print and t&cs

To do otherwise wouldn't really make any retail/business sense. Gift cards are basically ensuring you spend that money through their business, to let you use that to then convert it to another retailer is loss of business for them.

Some places do sell gift cards for vast amount of places (supermarkets) but will only ever take cash to pay for them.
No, as above the point is for that money to be spent in their store, not in a competitor but as they're an electrical retailer rather than a mass retailer/supermarke they don't sell them anyway.
thank you both for confirming what I had feared lol. i'll just wait until i need something from Currys
Sell whatever you have from currys on Zeek?
cough3211 h, 9 m ago

thank you both for confirming what I had feared lol. i'll just wait until …thank you both for confirming what I had feared lol. i'll just wait until i need something from Currys

No problem. Just remember they have an expiry date but everytime you use it the date changes, typically it's 12 months so after each transaction on the gift card the 12 months starts over from that last transaction date

We have lost out on few quid over the years forgetting we had them then finding out they've expired.

Keep it, spend it on gifts in run up to next christmas and have a mega cheap one on Currys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions