Buying PC Games / Software from US - any compatibility issues?

I'm looking into buying PC games from America, would I experience any compatibility issues here in the UK? - It does say it's compatible with Windows machines...

6 Comments

There is only one compatibilty issue I can think of and thats the compatibility between your wallet and the tax man should you get more than £18's worth in one go!

harlzter;2610921

There is only one compatibilty issue I can think of and thats the … There is only one compatibilty issue I can think of and thats the compatibility between your wallet and the tax man should you get more than £18's worth in one go!

lulz :whistling:

PC software isn't region locked :thumbsup:

Original Poster

harlzter;2610921

There is only one compatibilty issue I can think of and thats the … There is only one compatibilty issue I can think of and thats the compatibility between your wallet and the tax man should you get more than £18's worth in one go!

The mail forwarding company I'm hoping to use is willing to 'write anything that I want' on the package. I received a CD from someone using the same company and even though I paid 67 quid, it says on the package 'Value - $1.75' :w00t:

Anyways since we're on this topic I understand consoles from America have several compatibility issues, but does that apply to the hand held consoles as well - i.e. Nintendo DS Lite, PSP etc etc?

Portable Consoles are Region Free for games, PSP is Region Locked for UMDs

Original Poster

Robotochan;2614193

Portable Consoles are Region Free for games, PSP is Region Locked for … Portable Consoles are Region Free for games, PSP is Region Locked for UMDs

Cheers, so that's the green light for the Nintendo DS Lite?

Ja (Yes), or get yourself a R4 cart or similar
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
    4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions