Buying phones from 3rd party Amazon stores

Posted 22nd Feb
Is it risky to buy phones from 3rd party amazon stores if the listing states 'fulfilled by amazon'? I'm thinking about picking up a redmi note 8 pro from amazon but they're all sold by 3rd parties
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Fulfilled by Amazon will genearally provide your statutory consumer rights including legally defined access to 30day rejection rights and 6 months cover. May get sticky after 6 months if the product has no eligibility for manufacturer support.. No way to secure alternative S75 protection.
AndyRoyd22/02/2020 23:56

Fulfilled by Amazon will genearally provide your statutory consumer rights …Fulfilled by Amazon will genearally provide your statutory consumer rights including legally defined access to 30day rejection rights and 6 months cover. May get sticky after 6 months if the product has no eligibility for manufacturer support.. No way to secure alternative S75 protection.

Thank you for the reply. The seller I want to buy from '100% positive lifetime (8 total ratings)' only has 8 total ratings and that's what concerns me
Tom1111123/02/2020 00:02

Thank you for the reply. The seller I want to buy from '100% positive …Thank you for the reply. The seller I want to buy from '100% positive lifetime (8 total ratings)' only has 8 total ratings and that's what concerns me

a lot of people don’t leave ratings on Amazon

I’ve sold at least 50 items on there, and I only have 2 ratings
They are based in Tung Choi Street "gold fish market" Get all my aquarium supplies from there every time I am back in HK.
Tom1111123/02/2020 00:02

Thank you for the reply. The seller I want to buy from '100% positive …Thank you for the reply. The seller I want to buy from '100% positive lifetime (8 total ratings)' only has 8 total ratings and that's what concerns me

If you want solid UK-based consumer protection such as via S75 around the FBA price you probably have to look at foreign sellers. Mi UK which is not based in UK (go figure) has them marginally less and its payment gateway is likely S75 compliant (I haven't seen it recently) so whatever the merchant promises regarding support, warranty, etc is also available from a credible UK based finance company regardless of where the merchant is located and regardless of how the original merchant performs, or doesn't perform. EGC is shifting Note 8 Pro at £199 and unless changed v recently its payment gateway satisfies S75. EGC is currently suspended on this forum and generally not liked by the consumer ignorant, but the consumer savvy are comfortable with options to easily achieve UK-based consumer protection. Wowcamera may be another access option to S75 when paying via "Paypal Credit" (different from and not to be confused by single word Paypal) although WC pricing seems notably higher. None of the mentioned merchants offering possible access to S75 can match FBA one day delivery; and FBA cannot offer S75 regardless of how quickly or slowly delivers.
Have you tried sending the seller a message asking them specific questions on how they handle returns etc it might help you and you can use it as evidence if you need amazon to step in.
ZM7623/02/2020 09:49

Have you tried sending the seller a message asking them specific questions …Have you tried sending the seller a message asking them specific questions on how they handle returns etc it might help you and you can use it as evidence if you need amazon to step in.

If FBA the seller (and buyer) is obliged to use Amazon for returns for 6 months; the issue will be pre-sales comments related to after 6 months when the seller can say one thing but not be be obligated to perform when/if a post 6-months issue arises. Subject seller is foreign so further reduces the chances of easy support after 6 months, hence the earlier suggestion of consideration be given to purchase sources supporting S75 UK-based protection.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants