Groups

Buying second hand ghd straighteners, whats the deal with getting them fixed if they become faulty?

I'm looking to buy some, maybe second hand and was just wondering if anybody knew what I could do if they become faulty in the future. Could I send them off to ghd for repair?
    Thanks.

14 Comments

Banned

you can send any genuine ones off for repair, but proving the age is going to mean you arent really going to have warranty, if you gonna be buying then unless they are really cheap i would buy new

I've never personally bought 2nd hand GHDs, I'm onto my 2nd pair though...1st lost in my luggage last year when on holiday!

There are sellers on ebay who fix GHDs really cheaply, I got my 1st pair repaired once and they were back within the week! Just an option if warranty is out on them due to age?

We broke some accidentally, even told GHD and they replaced them within a week.

Original Poster

I'm not sure what to do as I need to get a pair but I'm stapped for cash! Was thinking of advertising for a pair on here or getting some from ebay.

Banned

t0mm;5073391

We broke some accidentally, even told GHD and they replaced them within a … We broke some accidentally, even told GHD and they replaced them within a week.

wow, did you have to proide anything other than the serial number?

Banned

if you cannot afford ghd how about the babyliss 230, they are supposed to be very good, even heard people say as good as ghd

Banned

beverley1403;5073396

I'm not sure what to do as I need to get a pair but I'm stapped for cash! … I'm not sure what to do as I need to get a pair but I'm stapped for cash! Was thinking of advertising for a pair on here or getting some from ebay.

i would buy something cheaper l;ike the babyliss for now and maybe save up

you wouldnt be paying much less than 70 quid for second hand and you can buy new for 95

snap^^^

casparwhite;5073400

wow, did you have to proide anything other than the serial number?

Nope, we bought them online at boots about 14 months ago and broke them about 4 months in?
    Took them instore, they sent them off for us, new pair in retail packaging came.

Original Poster

sassie;5073405

if you cannot afford ghd how about the babyliss 230, they are supposed to … if you cannot afford ghd how about the babyliss 230, they are supposed to be very good, even heard people say as good as ghd

I'd rather get ghd's because I've spent so much on babyliss and other brands only to be dissapointed as my hair is really curly and I didn't find them very good.

Banned

I personally would not buy ghd from anywhere other than a reputable retailer, and you arent going to get 2nd hand from a repuatable source, ghd fakes are everywhere

babyliss reduced in tesco atm
    the pro elegance ones are half price at 37 quid atm and one of the standard 230 models about 26quid (1/3rd off)

no idea about op question though apart from watch out for fakes sorry

Hi hun
    I think I might sell my GHD's as I have 4 pair now of varying colours...would you like first dibs?Prob want about £100 for the purple set....inc all the extra

Original Poster

gemmyw;5077190

Hi hunI think I might sell my GHD's as I have 4 pair now of varying … Hi hunI think I might sell my GHD's as I have 4 pair now of varying colours...would you like first dibs?Prob want about £100 for the purple set....inc all the extra

Yeah I'm interested, How old are they?
    Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?23
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal87
      4. Sweet Sunday code please22

See more discussions