Groups
    EXPIRED

Buying Shares-cheapest Place

Hi can anyone recommend a place to buy shares
    ie cheapest commission charges and no hassle when selling?

Also any tips on buying?

How about Northern rock, whats the future feel?
    IS it a good buy?!

9 Comments

well i use selftrade they are pretty good and cheap

£12.50 to buy and sell

and if you are gonna purchase £500 worth we will both get £50

let me know if your interested

Original Poster

you get £50 referral?
    what the commission rate-is it £12.50 to buy and then when you sell em its £12.50?
    do you get online or paper certificates?

Original Poster

bumps

Hi,

I use iwebsharedealing.co.uk

owned by halifax I think.

£10 a trade

I been using iweb for quite a few years. Was the cheapest back then and still £10 as smoothe wrote above!

Keep an eye on northern rock, they are going up and down like a yoyo on a daily basis. Could have more than doubled your money if you bought them a couple weeks ago, although they are on a downwards trend it seems at the moment.

Do those £10 places mentioned charge £10 for sales AND purchases and what other charges are there?

I am with self trade, recommended by someone else and moved my family onto it, made the family and myself £400ish in referrals in doing so, moving everyones shares via crest to selftrade.

But selftrade = £12.50 for every sale and every buy, and no other charges at all...

Banned

Re Northern Rock, last week when the price went under £2 it shot back up to £2.73 cos a major share dealer bought in for the long term. With Richard Branson wanting to get in on the deal, something tells me its worth a punt. Keep in mind, they are a very liquid company, they have massive assets, and before they announced they want to get a loan the shares were nearly £8 a piece.

Oh by the way, many other UK banks are loaning money from the european bank fund, however unlike the Bank of England, they do not need to publicise there lendings, so word has not got out and they haven't taken a hit like NR.

its £12.50 to buy and £12.50 to sell

and its a nominee account so you get online shares no certificate, no difference really

yes we both get £50 as long as you deal up £500

also bear in mind it has no other charges so you can hold onto your shares for as long as you want no yearly charges

Original Poster

oh right this might be interesting but at the moment i am kinda new and just trying to do a bit of research 1st if do go with them i will definitely add u as referral
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions