Buying Travelodge WiFi or will I be better off to use my own mobile data?

Found 22nd Feb
Hello, I am looking to book a room at Travelodge which I have never been to before. As you know, I will need to use WiFi in the room but since Travelodge offers £3 for 24 hours use of WiFi but having seen all the bad reviews on WiFi supplied by Travelodge, I am looking to use my own 4g mobile data instead, ideally as a personal hotspot since I have like 10gb, but I am worried that I may get either a signal data block or speed jam caused by Travelodge itself. So I am asking you guys whether I am better off with purchasing WiFi provided by Travelodge or using my own mobile data.
Community Updates
10 Comments
nothing will happen in terms of data block or speed jam as long as your reception is decent enough. I wouldn't persoanly use their wifi internet its really bad.
It depends what you are planning on doing with Internet. For streaming I would try their free service first. - I've always found it OK. If you are downloading or accessing secure sites etc then use your own mobile data for security. The one time I bought WiFi from Travelodge it was slower than their free service.
Use your own data mate! They only give you one hour free and then they charge loads after. Extortion
Check in get to your room try your data if it works use it if not buy wifi, problem solved, then move on to more of the importand decisions in life
Or go to the pub next door (that most of them have ) ,have a pint a meal and catch up with your Facebook on the free wifi all the pubs have .
If your wanting to stream predownload some Netflix shows/films to your tablet/device, then use your data for everything else.
rogparki9 h, 20 m ago

Or go to the pub next door (that most of them have ) ,have a pint a meal …Or go to the pub next door (that most of them have ) ,have a pint a meal and catch up with your Facebook on the free wifi all the pubs have .

Which is exactly what I did when we were in Wales last week.
Within your room, the TL wifi will have no detrimental effect on your phone's hotspot. If you wanted to share your hotspot with a buddy three rooms away, it may be more problematic. The only real considerations are the quality of the cellular reception within your specific room, and the amount of data you may use during your stay.
shaq122nd Feb

Use your own data mate! They only give you one hour free and then they …Use your own data mate! They only give you one hour free and then they charge loads after. Extortion

"WiFi is free for 30 mins per 24 hour period"

OP use your own device if there is signal, that's what I do.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 23rd Feb
OBH6UK23rd Feb

"WiFi is free for 30 mins per 24 hour period"OP use your own device if …"WiFi is free for 30 mins per 24 hour period"OP use your own device if there is signal, that's what I do.

Oh I didn’t know that. 🏽
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants