Buying tyres online and fitting

Found 11th Mar
Hi,

I have just bought 2 new tyres for my car size 225/45/18 run flats. Kwik fit seems cheapest (Goodyear efficient grip) at £317 incl fitting, plus 3.25% quidco and £20 love2shop voucher. Total therefore £287.

Im looking at similar tyres online, with mytyres.co.uk being the cheapest (Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport RFT) at £272 delivered, without fitting.

Not much of a difference so happy with kwik fit but I'm wondering what people normally do and how much (and where) people normally go if they buy the tyres directly and get them fitted elsewhere.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I shop around online then ring around locally to see who will come close. Just fitted 2 goodyear efficient grips and they are GOOD
Original Poster
ccnp35 m ago

I shop around online then ring around locally to see who will come close. …I shop around online then ring around locally to see who will come close. Just fitted 2 goodyear efficient grips and they are GOOD

Good to know they're good tyres, i used to get pirelli P7s but they were more expensive this time so went for goodyear.
Original Poster
regretful112 m ago

Try here should be the best price in the uk, including …Try here should be the best price in the uk, including fittinghttps://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

They were close but without voucher or cashback! Seems kwik fit are price matching as i had previously thought black circles were best on price but not this time. National tyres also around the same price without the voucher
I used national tyres, they have various discount codes they okay and prices are good enough
I think any tyre place is likely to charge more than £25 for fitting the tyres so working on that basis the unfitted option is more expensive.
I used Black circles to purchase and then fitted for £28 from Merityre, probably could have got them fitted cheaper if I asked around.
Edited by: "tregs" 12th Mar
If your an AA members they will supply and fit tyres and members get a discount ( although I have to say i have never tried them myself ).
Original Poster
Bigfootpete5 h, 37 m ago

I used Black circles to purchase and then fitted for £28 from Merityre, …I used Black circles to purchase and then fitted for £28 from Merityre, probably could have got them fitted cheaper if I asked around.

Awesome thanks £28 is useful proxy
EdinburghShop8512 h, 6 m ago

Awesome thanks £28 is useful proxy

Actually that was just for two tyres - they would charge more for four.
Sorry I'm late to this but try a local independent for just fitting. I am sure I have seen on deals posted for tyres from Amazon people quoting £10 per corner or less.
I always go to same backstreet under arches tyre garage. Never phone around or asked price before they fit. In and out pretty quickly although if a few waiting I'll go back later or call again when passing. I have looked online at prices out of interest in the past to see how they compare and always around the same price give or take a few £s,without the messing and time spent phoning around.
Edited by: "wayners" 18th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants