Groups

BuyMobilePhones.net recalled the HTC Desire?

Just called Buy Mobile Phones and he said they have recalled some phones due to software issue? is this true or is a this a slight fabrication of the truth to justify why they havent got any yet?

7 Comments

Reviews of the company imply that they're quite a dishonest bunch, so it'd figure.

None. But look on XDA Devs for confirmation, if there's a real problem, they'll report about it there. But think about it rationally, why would HTC recall a phone to run an update on it themselves when they've been issuing updates or users to install for the past decade? The stench of bull is strong.

In the other HTC Desire thread here, you'll see there are some people who have seemingly received a pre-release version of the handset. These handsets are branded as HTC Bravo in some of the menus, they have an "HTC confidential" watermark across the background in every screen, and they list different version numbers for the various components on the config screen.

Three or four people complained of this in the thread, I've no idea what percentage of handsets this translates to, but I believe they've been advised to return them for replacement rather than do any kind of upgrade. Perhaps this is the software problem BMP are referring to?

Pavers;8236774

See … See link]http://stuff.tv/News/HTC-Desire-fails-T-Mobile-quality-checks-store-availability-delayed/14293/

Interesting. I think it's unlikely there's any kind of glitch. Lots of people in the thread above received their Desire on Saturday. Apart from the few people affected by the aforementioned hiccup, nobody has been complaining of any kind of software problem. In general, people seem over the moon with the handset.

Interestingly, people have said there's no T-Mobile customisation on their Desires, other than the splash screen. Perhaps the first batch was sent out with non-customised firmware, and now T-Mobile have tried to put customised firmware on a later batch, and hit some problems?

In the Portsmouth T-Mobile store on Saturday I asked in the store about the Desire release date. They gave me a similar story to here, that there was software glitch with currently delivered handsets being recalled and the store date delayed.

Not that anyone has heard anything about a recall.

mikepegg;8237618

In the Portsmouth T-Mobile store on Saturday I asked in the store about … In the Portsmouth T-Mobile store on Saturday I asked in the store about the Desire release date. They gave me a similar story to here, that there was software glitch with currently delivered handsets being recalled and the store date delayed.Not that anyone has heard anything about a recall.

There's a disturbing amount of lying going on here if that's the case. They actually told you that the handsets which had been delivered to customers have been recalled? All of them? Did they not suspect someone might notice that no such recall has occurred?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked55
      2. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764343
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99

See more discussions