Groups

Bye Flash - HTML 5

Banned
    HTML 4 didn't allow 'if Y happens then let X happen' which meant to watch video as an example you needed software like flash. Apple didn't like flash and have never supported it. But now HTML 5 is in beta stages all devices with an internet browser should be able to play video soon including iphones, ipods, mobiles ..... You can try it at youtube.com/html5, I found it a bit faster if only by a second or so.

10 Comments

Nonsense. All devices with an HTML 5 compatible browser maybe, but how is saying that any different to the Flash paradigm? And to say its is 'beta' stages is way off the mark, the specification isn't even finalized yet...

Pah, no Firefox support.....

Original Poster Banned

jah128;8416301

Nonsense. All devices with an HTML 5 compatible browser maybe, but how … Nonsense. All devices with an HTML 5 compatible browser maybe, but how is saying that any different to the Flash paradigm? And to say its is 'beta' stages is way off the mark, the specification isn't even finalized yet...

It's working as it is currently available to use as I said [URL="www.youtube.com/html5"]here[/URL]

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983;8416326

Pah, no Firefox support.....

works on chrome

ryman1000;8416463

It's working as it is currently available to use as I said ]here

Yes, parts of it (HTML5) 'work', but on the other hand plenty of parts aren't even written yet (or even specified), so its a long long way off being the mainstream language for the internet. And the likelyhood of browsers on phones and other devices (including the iPhone) being updatable to include full HTML5 support is very slight - theres more chance of them changing their mind and supporting Flash...

ryman1000;8416463

It's working as it is currently available to use as I said … It's working as it is currently available to use as I said [URL="www.youtube.com/html5"]here[/URL]

So all websites that currently use flash, will overnight move over to html 5 yeh?

HTML5 needs to sort out the video codec it uses for playing videos. Firefox currently uses an open source codec, whereas safari and chrome use a codec that must be licensed and therefore paid for.

Original Poster Banned

Although it might not replace flash entirely a whole video on youtube loads in milliseconds compared to the couple of minutes it might take on flash

ryman1000;8425855

Although it might not replace flash entirely a whole video on youtube … Although it might not replace flash entirely a whole video on youtube loads in milliseconds compared to the couple of minutes it might take on flash

Thats not due to flash though, thats due to the extra processing power and the poor bandwidth of youtube itself.

Original Poster Banned

matt3454;8426082

Thats not due to flash though, thats due to the extra processing power … Thats not due to flash though, thats due to the extra processing power and the poor bandwidth of youtube itself.

I meant youtube HTML 5 compared to the standard youtube
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4241902
      2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2851
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764655
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2340

See more discussions