Groups

C905 - Had 2 weeks - Broke Twice.

Got this phone 2 weeks ago, a week later the internal speaker went.

Orange replaced it with a brand new 1.

A week later the new 1 has the same problem!

Not happy

Will orange replace it again?

13 Comments

I would stand your grand with them until they do. I had a problem with the Sony Ericcson w580 where the keys kept cracking (common problem but they tried to deny) - I got it from Phones4u and I really had to stand my ground to get it sorted. This was over an 8/9 month period though so I see no reason at all they can justify not giving you a replacement! What's to say that this isn't a common fault, do you think it'll happen again?

Original Poster

I was reading a vodafone forum and apparently the internl speaker going is a common problem.

vengod;3727165

I was reading a vodafone forum and apparently the internl speaker going … I was reading a vodafone forum and apparently the internl speaker going is a common problem.

If it was direct from Orange you have a 14 day cooling off period so you might just scrape in and say you want to return it. If it was an Orange shop I doubt they'd do the same thing as I don't think the cooling off period thing applies to them.

I'm glad I spotted this as I was just about to get one of these on my upgrade. You're the 2nd person to say they're not very good! Although I'm getting bad reviews on all the phones I'm interested in, so I can't win really!

If it's a common fault and Orange know about it surely they'd be under some obligation to help out though? That's how I talked Phones4u down on that one despite me having the phone replaced twice in that 8/9 months. I would definitely contact them - what use is a phone without an internal speaker - surely you'd not be able to use it properly? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx;3727178

If it was direct from Orange you have a 14 day cooling off period so you … If it was direct from Orange you have a 14 day cooling off period so you might just scrape in and say you want to return it. If it was an Orange shop I doubt they'd do the same thing as I don't think the cooling off period thing applies to them. I'm glad I spotted this as I was just about to get one of these on my upgrade. You're the 2nd person to say they're not very good! Although I'm getting bad reviews on all the phones I'm interested in, so I can't win really! If it's a common fault and Orange know about it surely they'd be under some obligation to help out though? That's how I talked Phones4u down on that one despite me having the phone replaced twice in that 8/9 months. I would definitely contact them - what use is a phone without an internal speaker - surely you'd not be able to use it properly? :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong - the phones fetures are top notch and the phone is smart - its just this lil problem thats affecting it - anyhoo i will ring them but i dont know whether to ask for swap phones? or if just to replace?

What other good phones are out there?

p.s where abouts in county durham?

vengod;3727193

Dont get me wrong - the phones fetures are top notch and the phone is … Dont get me wrong - the phones fetures are top notch and the phone is smart - its just this lil problem thats affecting it - anyhoo i will ring them but i dont know whether to ask for swap phones? or if just to replace?What other good phones are out there? p.s where abouts in county durham?

Well that's your choice really...if the spec is that good maybe one last attempt with it? I can't decide between the c905 or the Blackberry Storm (although may be too bulky), other people I know have suggested the 02 xda serra, HTC pro and google g1....I think I may have to just go fiddle around with everything in a shop to make my decision.

I live in Stanley :thumbsup:

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx;3727207

Well that's your choice really...if the spec is that good maybe one last … Well that's your choice really...if the spec is that good maybe one last attempt with it? I can't decide between the c905 or the Blackberry Storm (although may be too bulky), other people I know have suggested the 02 xda serra, HTC pro and google g1....I think I may have to just go fiddle around with everything in a shop to make my decision.I live in Stanley :thumbsup:

Think i will tell them that im unhappy but will give the phone 1 last go and if it breaks again im done with it and would like it swapping.

Ahh your the other side of durham to me :thumbsup: (Sedgefield)

vengod;3727224

Think i will tell them that im unhappy but will give the phone 1 last go … Think i will tell them that im unhappy but will give the phone 1 last go and if it breaks again im done with it and would like it swapping. Ahh your the other side of durham to me :thumbsup: (Sedgefield)

Good plan!

I'm originally from Aycliffe and some of my family still live in that area so I know Sedgefield :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ahh right :thumbsup:

Did right to get away from Aycliffe

Banned

mines has been fine so far

had it a month

and if it goes within a year im sure your still covered

Original Poster

hncb0809;3727357

mines has been fine so farhad it a monthand if it goes within a year im … mines has been fine so farhad it a monthand if it goes within a year im sure your still covered

Think your lucky then

vengod;3727320

Ahh right :thumbsup: Did right to get away from Aycliffe

Haha been all over the place really in my short life :thumbsup:

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx;3727412

Haha been all over the place really in my short life :thumbsup:

ahh right

You get around then :-D

Had the same problem with mine.

Ordered December 1st.
    Arrived December 9th
    Broke December 21st.

All that I could think done it is that I was on the phone for about 3 hours on Saturday (20th) night and then it hasnt worked since.

Phoned up Orange yesterday and explained and they said how they could replace it but the Black C905's arent in stock so will phone me back when they are...I also asked if it was a common problem (which I knew it was because it happened alot to my K800i, and ive read alot about the speaker failing on the C905 online) and they told me that its not and it may just be a faulty phone.

I then phoned up Sony Ericsson explaining and they knew what I was going to say before I said it, as I was explaining, they basically ended my sentences, and they said that if I send it to them with a photocopy of the receipt, they will repair it and send it back to me.

Now I'd rather it go to Sony Ericsson and they have repaired it properly rather than just be supplied with another phone with the faulty ear speaker.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213629

See more discussions