Groups

Cabbage Soup Diet - anyone have the Recipe

Hi, I'm off on my hols in 2 weeks and really need to lose a bit of weight. I have the recipe for the Cabbage soup diet, but it says 1 packet pf Lipton Soup mix, but I have never heard of this and was wondering what the substitute in the Uk is, can anyone advise?

10 Comments

I can't help with your question but I made this soup a few weeks ago and it was really nice.

In a big frying pan add a little olive oil and cook onions, leeks and celery until they are soft, then in another pan boil carrots and swede with mixed herbs, sage, salt, pepper and stock cubes. add the leek mixture a tin of tomatoes and simmer for about an hour, allow to cool and blend. yum yum.

I did a huge batch, kilo of carrot, a whole stalk of celery 4 leeks, large swede, 3 large onions, about 5 stock cubes.

Good luck with your diet.

After a simple google:

Ingredients http://www.grouprecipes.com/images/bullet_arrow_up.gif [LIST]
    [*]3/4 cup dried minced onion
    [*]1/3 cup NO MSG beef bouillon powder
    [*]4 tsp onion powder
    [*]1/4 tsp celery salt
    [*]1/4 tsp sugar
    [/LIST]

Directions http://www.grouprecipes.com/images/bullet_arrow_up.gif [LIST=1]
    [*]Combine all ingredients.
    [*]You can store it in a ziplock bag or air-tight container. It keeps for quite a while.
    [/LIST]

Original Poster

Hi, I did google it but every recipe I found came up with Lipton Soup Mix!!

Chip Sticks, thanks for you recipe idea x

cabbage:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks transit, worked that but out for myself :whistling:

smithers;5864487

Thanks transit, worked that but out for myself :whistling:

:xyou never said

:-D

smithers;5864473

Hi, I did google it but every recipe I found came up with Lipton Soup … Hi, I did google it but every recipe I found came up with Lipton Soup Mix!!Chip Sticks, thanks for you recipe idea x

choc1969;5864456

After a simple google:Ingredients [LIST][*]3/4 cup dried minced … After a simple google:Ingredients [LIST][*]3/4 cup dried minced onion[*]1/3 cup NO MSG beef bouillon powder[*]4 tsp onion powder[*]1/4 tsp celery salt[*]1/4 tsp sugar[/LIST] Directions [LIST=1][*]Combine all ingredients.[*]You can store it in a ziplock bag or air-tight container. It keeps for quite a while.[/LIST]

The above is a similar recipe to the Lipton Soup Mix......then you need to add the veg etc :thumbsup:

i tried to make veg soup but it came ou like baby food and tasted even worse

coriander and carrot is really tasty and very low in calories, jut like cabbage soup, google for loads of recipes for it..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93169
      2. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
      3. Updated 22/8/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1215

See more discussions