Cabinet scraper does it need sharpening when bought new?

Posted 24th May
Hi I am planning to buy a cabinet scraper for kitchen wooden top polish. I am recommended to use cabinet scraper. What I am confused is do I need to sharpen the scraper once bought i.e. do they come pre-sharpened or I need to sharpen them before first use?

Any help and guidance much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Pre sharpened.
Don't buy cheap tat or you will be sharpening if all the time.
fearona24/05/2020 16:20

Don't buy cheap tat or you will be sharpening if all the time.

any recommendations you may have? As the ranges are quite wide to be able to identity which one is cheap. Thanks a lot for your earlier responses.
Something like irwin be fine.
Sorry to trouble - how is Bahco as a company. Is Irwin better or Bahco?
I’d take bahco over Irwin all day
cabinet scraper sharpening - one of the thousands of how-to videos available:is here:
This guy isn't too slow to get to the instruction. I find that you don't always have to do the filing bit, the burnshing portion of the task is enough to refresh an edge while you are working, most of the time.
marktyson24/05/2020 18:58

cabinet scraper sharpening - one of the thousands of how-to videos …cabinet scraper sharpening - one of the thousands of how-to videos available:is here:[Video] This guy isn't too slow to get to the instruction. I find that you don't always have to do the filing bit, the burnshing portion of the task is enough to refresh an edge while you are working, most of the time.

I don’t have the tools of the video like clamps etc and I just need it for one time job. So rather than buying tools I might as well buy 2 scrapers if they come presharped and hence the question.
Post a comment
@
    Text