Groups

Cable Broadband?

I have a cable line and I was wondering if there's any other broadband providers apart from Virgin?

Cheers, Stuart.

9 Comments

No, cable broadband does not work through the phone line.

On Your Cable Line---no

I can't remember if there are any local cable companies left, but for the vast majority of people, nope.

I've been with them (and Telewest) for several years and haven't had any probs with the internet side of things.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;1942294

I can't remember if there are any local cable companies left, but for the … I can't remember if there are any local cable companies left, but for the vast majority of people, nope.I've been with them (and Telewest) for several years and haven't had any probs with the internet side of things.

Im with them at the moment but it's only 2mb and it costs £25 a month to upgrade to 4mb!

NTL (Virgin) only one who supply through cable??? 2mb is fat though and for a £10 which im paying cant go wrong!!! :thumbsup:

stuart2k7;1942499

Im with them at the moment but it's only 2mb and it costs £25 a month to … Im with them at the moment but it's only 2mb and it costs £25 a month to upgrade to 4mb!

Are you sure? :? Do you get TV, phone or anything as well?

At the mo, for just broadband and phone it's ]£15.50 a month for 2Mb and ]£27.00 a month for 4Mb (which is being upgraded to 10Mb IIRC)

Original Poster

nightswimmer;1942539

Are you sure? :? Do you get TV, phone or anything as well?At the mo, for … Are you sure? :? Do you get TV, phone or anything as well?At the mo, for just broadband and phone it's ]£15.50 a month for 2Mb and ]£27.00 a month for 4Mb (which is being upgraded to 10Mb IIRC)

Ye, I have TV and Phone too. Its the XL package which is XL TV, Phone and medium broadband for £30.

stuart2k7;1942751

Ye, I have TV and Phone too. Its the XL package which is XL TV, Phone and … Ye, I have TV and Phone too. Its the XL package which is XL TV, Phone and medium broadband for £30.

I would have thought you could negotiate a better deal with them. Have you tried calling them and asking them about it? If they insist it's that much, try giving retentions a call, say that you want a faster net connection but that's too big a difference to pay, so you are thinking of leaving and going for Sky and ADSL instead.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;1942819

I would have thought you could negotiate a better deal with them. Have … I would have thought you could negotiate a better deal with them. Have you tried calling them and asking them about it? If they insist it's that much, try giving retentions a call, say that you want a faster net connection but that's too big a difference to pay, so you are thinking of leaving and going for Sky and ADSL instead.

Ok. thanks for your help i'll give it a try.
    Rep added.
    Ah cant rep you yet you was the last person i gave rep too. :P
    I'll give it to you later
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      4. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35

See more discussions