Groups

Cable fault? tv fault? help!

Have posted a few times with some strange problems with my PC convertor

The pc works fine connected to a CRT monitor, or a LCD monitor problem occurs when using the RGB to RGB scart cable that comes with my PC to TV box, what happens is that the picture is jerky, only one res works and that is SD PAL 720 x 576 at 50hz.

This would make you assume that the tv can only handle 50hz but it runs my 360, PS3, Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 games full speed and with no interferance same for DVDS no interferance.

Also the convertor box works for the CRT monitor, no slowdown when connecting from the CRT cable on it to the box its only RGB scart that has the issue.

I would try a regular composite cable but dont have one, I might be able to find a SVHS cable though.

EDIT the issue affects both laptop and desktop so its not a graphics card or PC issue IMO,

2 Comments

if you have a dvd/freeview/sky box or anything else connedted to the monitor/tv and it is switched on it might be a conflict problem, Put them all in standby mode and see it that stops the flickering. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jon1000jon;6570895

if you have a dvd/freeview/sky box or anything else connedted to the tv … if you have a dvd/freeview/sky box or anything else connedted to the tv and it is switched on it might be a conflict problem, Put them all in standby mode and see it that stops the flickering. :thumbsup:

Not right now, its hard to say as its not flickering as such as just jumpy or unsmooth scrolling, i.e for example Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for Sega Mega Drive us ntsc version is jumpy, instead of just running at full speed, the screen seems to take a second to catch up to where Sonic is, same for video it seems stuck on catching up frames, have tried various resolutions and refresh rates with same issues.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047116
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…89
      3. Spotify Family Premium share513
      4. word association Game73944489

See more discussions