Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Cable Help

Posted 16th SepEdited by:"Mechtup"
Hi there,

I’ve been looking for a while for this kind of cable and I’ve always reached blanks.

Basically, I have a 4 pin PC fan that needs to plug into an hub. However, that hub is 3 pins (no gaps for a fourth) , so I’ve been trying to find a 3 pin to 4 pin fan adapter to no avail.

Has anyone seen this kind of cable around? I’ve looked on eBay and various websites to no avail.

TIA
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Put a photo up so peeps can see
4Pin PWM to 3Pin Standard Fan Adapter Cable
ScubaDudes16/09/2019 22:34

Put a photo up so peeps can see

38475894-escgq.jpg

38475894-Y9kZz.jpg
And the fan to plug in is a 4 PWM fan
You could just use a 3 pin to 3 pin fan extension cable as the 4th pin on the fan connector won’t be used anyway.

rover.ebay.com/rov…547
Edited by: "Bruce_Dwayne" 16th Sep
Bruce_Dwayne16/09/2019 22:48

You could just use a 3 pin to 3 pin fan extension cable as the 4th pin on …You could just use a 3 pin to 3 pin fan extension cable as the 4th pin on the fan connector won’t be used anyway. rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272104195547

That’s a good idea. I never thought of that and probably will go with that now once I’ve checked the fan! Ty
I'd just get a new hub to be honest so you don't run into this problem again. A 4 fan hub will cost about 4 quid for a basic one.
Danze198417/09/2019 14:27

I'd just get a new hub to be honest so you don't run into this problem …I'd just get a new hub to be honest so you don't run into this problem again. A 4 fan hub will cost about 4 quid for a basic one.

Oh it’s a specific hub for a Corsair fan so that I can use RGB stupid money-making design decision to not only have to need a hub but to make that hub 3 pins and a compatible fan 4 pins
Edited by: "Mechtup" 17th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants