Cable in another room - Help

    Hi guys

    I have a cable box from telewest in one room and would like to have cable in my bedroom without buying another box, i have seen these adaptor things which send the signal but i dont know much about them, could someone please inlighten me on how they work and what i need, thanks.



    Do you mean video senders, they are pretty easy to connect.
    One is a transmitter and the other a receiver which you need to plug into the scart socket. You can also change the channel on the cable box from the receiving unit.

    Try Argos, they have many to choose from.

    Hope that helps.

    I have a DBox (like the NTL box) and a NTL box, both are connected by a Y socket into a booster then sent off to 5 rooms, each room has a booster also. Each room can watch all the terrestrial channels plus whatever else showing on the NTL and DBox.

    Original Poster


    does anyone have any experiance in the quality of these things?

    thanks, tim


    I used to pay an additional £15 a month for a 2nd STB in the bedroom but got the STB disconnected after buying the Technika AV sender. I've had no problems with it, it was really easy to set up too. Just one main disadvantage is that we can only change the channel in the bedroom using the main STB in the living room. I only paid £20 and have saved £180 each year after disconnecting the 2nd STB.

    ]Argos has a set for £27.99

    Tight arse. I have got a 2nd box in with Telewest and they're only charging me £9.50. Bargain.

    When I had Sky we used a 'splitter' adaptor which basically shared the port, the picture upstairs wasnt as good, but it did.

    The amusing thing was always knowing when my dad had the porn on.

    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Wireless video senders are the latest way to distribute a TV signal but this can be distorted by other electrical appliances such as a wireless router or even a microwave oven.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I use a distribution amplifier, this distributes the signal from my tv, Sky, video and dvd to four other television in the house. These use a cable rather than wireless senders and be quite unsightly if you cannot hide the cables.[/FONT][/COLOR]

    ][SIZE=2]distribution amplifier[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

    Oh dear.......we have had the TVDrive installed and we are only paying £5 for the 2nd STB, now thats' a bargain..:roll:

    Havent got the TV drive thing...cant wait to go back to Sky next year either!

    I have a Philips wireless videosender and it's very very good - even through walls. The microwave doess interfere slightly, but then we hardly use the microwave at home. With mine you can use the receiver unit to send a remote control signal back to your appliances plugged in at the sender end, but only analogue appliances (DVD, VCR, TV)...cable/Sky DOESN'T work because the signals for those remotes are different.

    That said, I'm told there are ones that do handle Sky/Cable remote control signals these days.

    When mine was new (2 years ago or so) it cost over £100. I don't know what kind of money you have to pay these days to get a good 'un... You can always buy it from somewhere like Argos and if it doesn't meet expectation, take it back within 16 days and get another until you have one you're happy with...
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7151347
      2. What would be HELL to you?1922
      3. word association Game73944497
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1628

      See more discussions