Cable management ducting

Found 28th Feb
I'm in the middle of a full house decoration and rewire and we've now decided to move our TV location and wall mount it.

I've been looking at cable ducting so I can hide the cables going up to the TV and stumbled across cableclear (https://www.cableclear.net). They are Australian but I can't find anything similar in the UK.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Worst case I can use some 63mm ducting left over from an existing project but thats pretty deep for just a few HDMI cables, power and ethernet.

Thanks
Darren
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
deleted1597344
My TV is on a stud wall so before decorating I put a power socket behind were the TV is mounted. So have no cables visible what so ever.
they sell them in bunnings in australia so they might have them in their uk shops?
deleted159734428th Feb

My TV is on a stud wall so before decorating I put a power socket behind …My TV is on a stud wall so before decorating I put a power socket behind were the TV is mounted. So have no cables visible what so ever.

I ideally want the power cables lower down rather than higher as the sky, router, xbox, etc. will all be lower down so thought a ducting system would be a better solution but what you've suggested is what I'm doing in the bedroom.
jamstaruk197255 m ago

they sell them in bunnings in australia so they might have them in their …they sell them in bunnings in australia so they might have them in their uk shops?

Cheers, I didn't realise they operated in the UK. My closest branch said they dont stock it unfortunately:(
Edited by: "darlodge" 28th Feb
.....and it all went well till I inserted the pipe and it hit the noggins between the studs......
Shengis24 m ago

.....and it all went well till I inserted the pipe and it hit the noggins ….....and it all went well till I inserted the pipe and it hit the noggins between the studs......

Just remove the noggins on that section My entire house is currently back to bare brick apart from a tiny section that's already a stud wall as it used to be a doorway. This is exactly where we plan to put the TV so before it's boarded I'll run the ducting in at the correct height and make sure the noggins are removed.
darlodge10 m ago

Just remove the noggins on that section My entire house is currently …Just remove the noggins on that section My entire house is currently back to bare brick apart from a tiny section that's already a stud wall as it used to be a doorway. This is exactly where we plan to put the TV so before it's boarded I'll run the ducting in at the correct height and make sure the noggins are removed.

I was just imagining how many people think it will be a straight vertical run then find they have to completely bugger the wall up to get the pipes in

tlc-direct.co.uk/Pro…wcB

In your case i'd probably go as suggested above and put a socket etc halfway up the wall as well.
You can buy 3m of 25mm width trunking from electrical trade shop.. Not diy.... Cost £5...bought some to sink in a wall last month.
It looks like you can order in GBP direct from the cableclear.net website, get it from there ??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions