Groups

Cable Router

Need a router for my Vigin Media Broadband as gota hook it up to my PS3!! I think in PC World they are around the £30 mark and just need a good one not too cheap as want it to last and good signal level!!

Bit clueless when it comes to this kinda thing so your help will be apprecaited!!

8 Comments

I have a D-Link DIR 301 Wireless router on my VM cable, has 4 sockets for 4 PC's / laptops , think it cost me £50 from Argos...great device..never had any problems with it.

i bought a linksys speedbooster g+ for around 30 quid from ebuyer and it works fine across 3 floors :thumbsup:

I could swear i seen one in B&Q for a quid a while back.

Original Poster

Cheers will look into them and might actually give VM a call as seen if you haggle with them they may give one for free? Are theirs any good?

Get a Linksys WRT54 and flash it with DD-WRT firmware, can't beat it.

Original Poster

TGB;2519861

Erm...How and what does that do?

TGB;2519861

mine is the WRT54GS

ebuyer.com/pro…763

its extremely easy to set up - better than the crppy zyxel i tried-and setting up the security is a breeze an all. its been working fine for about 3 weeks. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten56
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      3. One for the mathmaticians2847
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions