Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Cable Wrap

Posted 5th Feb 2012
Is it safe to wrap 2 power cables together using cable wrap? I mean power cables as in plugs for sky box and stuff.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
deleted13062
General rule... If they dont get warm when in use it should be OK
melipona

General rule... If they dont get warm when in use it should be OK

They are just power cables, never really noticed if they get warm or not - shouldn't think they do.
Shouldn't be an issue, as melipona said as long as they don't get hot.
aircanman

Shouldn't be an issue, as melipona said as long as they don't get hot.

I've never known a power cable for tv. sky, ps3 to get hot?!
Rather than use plastic tie-wraps you might want to consider using velcro ones instead - at least you can re-use them if you need to make adjustments or re-use them on other cables instead.
Scotty Boy

Rather than use plastic tie-wraps you might want to consider using velcro … Rather than use plastic tie-wraps you might want to consider using velcro ones instead - at least you can re-use them if you need to make adjustments or re-use them on other cables instead.

That's not an issue. I have 10m of cable wrap and I've only used 1m so re-use isn't a problem, I'm just concerned about wrapping the leads together using plastic cable wrap that's all.
jaydog69

That's not an issue. I have 10m of cable wrap and I've only used 1m so … That's not an issue. I have 10m of cable wrap and I've only used 1m so re-use isn't a problem, I'm just concerned about wrapping the leads together using plastic cable wrap that's all.

Thats what the stuff is made for so why should there be an issue? Just dont use it on cables that take heavy loads like driers/washers/heaters etc
It's only going to be used for ps3, sky, and the tv.
Just make sure you have insurance.
donaldduck2

Just make sure you have insurance.

That's not very helpful is it

How is it not helpful?

jaydog69

That's not very helpful is it

dimebars

How is it not helpful?

Because another words he's making a joke of it and saying it's not safe?
There is a risk of fire with any electrical equipment so insurance would be a good idea

Are you now the resident HUKD idiot?
dimebars

There is a risk of fire with any electrical equipment so insurance would … There is a risk of fire with any electrical equipment so insurance would be a good ideaAre you now the resident HUKD idiot?

How am I an idiot asking a simple question? This forum is seriously going downhill. If someone needs help, why do retards like yourself come out of the woodwork and try and be smart?!
jaydog69

How am I an idiot asking a simple question? This forum is seriously going … How am I an idiot asking a simple question? This forum is seriously going downhill. If someone needs help, why do retards like yourself come out of the woodwork and try and be smart?!

...as I just mentioned...

fanpages

...Perhaps you don't have as much experience of jaydog69's continual … ...Perhaps you don't have as much experience of jaydog69's continual requests via "Misc" threads & then simply ignoring any advice given.

Members can, & regularly do, offer helpful advice.

You can, & do, choose to ignore it.
fanpages

Members can, & regularly do, offer helpful advice.You can, & do, choose … Members can, & regularly do, offer helpful advice.You can, & do, choose to ignore it.

Give me three examples/links where I have ignored advice.
So how did I go against any advice I was given? How do I not do what people suggested?
It is simple enough. Run the equipment ps3, sky box etc. and after an hour feel there respective leads and determine how hot they are. If very hot (unlikely) then do not cable tie them together if warm or old then cable tie them together.
jaydog69

So how did I go against any advice I was given? How do I not do what … So how did I go against any advice I was given? How do I not do what people suggested?

Did you go to the forum for the game title & ask if it was normal behaviour for the game (before you created a third thread on the subject)?

Did you buy PS3 hardware from overseas after the warning about previous failures of similar items & the lack of support you would receive from the European Customer Services team?

In the most recent thread, did you try to argue that it wasn't the retailer's responsibility to resolve your issue with the "online pass" for the game?
fanpages

Did you go to the forum for the game title & ask if it was normal … Did you go to the forum for the game title & ask if it was normal behaviour for the game (before you created a third thread on the subject)?Did you buy PS3 hardware from overseas after the warning about previous failures of similar items & the lack of support you would receive from the European Customer Services team?In the most recent thread, did you try to argue that it wasn't the retailer's responsibility to resolve your issue with the "online pass" for the game?

Yes, no, not exactly.

I ask for help, and I get a lecture, so will request the thread to be locked and ask for help on a different site in future.
jaydog69

Yes, no, not exactly.I ask for help, and I get a lecture, so will request … Yes, no, not exactly.I ask for help, and I get a lecture, so will request the thread to be locked and ask for help on a different site in future.

OK. No lecture was intended; just an opinion.

What did the Telltale games forum users offer in response to your question?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Discussions

Top Merchants