Groups

cables!!!! sky box, dvd player and wii. how?????

Hi
    Can someone please help
    I have a hannspree tv with 2 scart sockets.
    I have the dvd player with only one scart socket in scart 1 on the tv.
    I have the Sky box which has 2 scart sockets in scart 2 of the tv.
    We now have a wii. I did have this plugged in to scart 1 when we were playing it but the sky box isnt working even when I change the input channel (and turn the wii off).
    so now the wii is unplugged and the dvd player and sky plugged back in. As the scarts are at the back of the tv I really need a permanent solution to this
    Can anyone help please
    Many thanks and good tidings - Great joy will come when I have it all sorted!!! LOL

10 Comments

The hansprees have Composite input? (Blue, Green etc connections), if so get a composite wii cable, it will make the Wii look a lot better, here is a link
    ]http//ww…256

what model is your TV - DOes it not have red, white, blue, yellow audio visual connectors?

Do sky to tv and wii to tv and dvd to sky or dvd to tv wii to tv and sky to dvd, or buy a scart extension

on the back of the sky you will see the two scarts are named 1 =tv 2= vcr so connect the tv scart to tv and the dvd scart to vcr this will allow the dvd to be detected when you switch it on (overiding sky) this will leave the second scart for thetv free for the wii

Original Poster

Its 32" JT01 series

Original Poster

pikeman;7328127

what model is your TV - DOes it not have red, white, blue, yellow audio … what model is your TV - DOes it not have red, white, blue, yellow audio visual connectors?

red and white. no yellow

Aquatic;7328261

Its 32" JT01 series

Sky directly into tv using hdmi

Now if you havent got sky hd then do it like this

Sky SCART - INTO TV SCART
    DVD INTO BACK OF SKY USING SCART

WII INTO TV 2ND SCART SCOKET?

Original Poster

punji;7328639

Sky directly into tv using hdmiNow if you havent got sky hd then do it … Sky directly into tv using hdmiNow if you havent got sky hd then do it like thisSky SCART - INTO TV SCARTDVD INTO BACK OF SKY USING SCARTWII INTO TV 2ND SCART SCOKET?

NO havent got HD. wii into second scart doesnt work cos the adapter on the wii means I cant get the socket in properly on the sky and even if I take the second one out and just do the sky in and the dvd into the sky nothing shows up on the tv! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry to overtake you're thread. But im looking for some similar advice on a similar situation like this too and thought i would save the need for a new thread. Heres my setup here.
    Bush 26" lcd tv with 1 scart.
    Sky+ box with 2 scarts, 1 for av, one for vcr ?
    dvd player with 1 scart and component cable (green blue + red) and another one (red , white,yellow)

I want them all set up for best picture quality obviously.

Original Poster

so do i need to buy something?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions