Expired

caged chickens eggs or free range chicken eggs what do you prefer?

50 replies
Found 18th May 2009
as above really for me its free range

50 Comments

free range for me

no matter if caged are cheaper they are not as nice!

Original Poster

right on brother lol

Banned

free range when we can afford

Uh oh, egg/chicken thread....

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/Worf_notagain.gif

i agree free range for me....but i would assume no one actually prefers 'caged' for there taste it could only be for there price so therefore not sure the question is quite right :roll:

free range always.

nitelighter;5253296

free range for meno matter if caged are cheaper they are not as nice!

Taste the same in a cheese omelette or in a cake :w00t: Not bothered but I suppose caged as they're cheaper.

pinchpeps;5253350

i agree free range for me....but i would assume no one actually prefers … i agree free range for me....but i would assume no one actually prefers 'caged' for there taste it could only be for there price so therefore not sure the question is quite right :roll:

Indeedly doodley neighbour

Taste the same to me.

Banned

Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged mainly because of the idiots on here would be on their back straight away so not worth it

they taste the same so go for the cheapest or free range if u can afford

Original Poster

not really a wrong question just interested in what the masses thought

F15H_FAC3;5253393

Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged even if they did the … Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged even if they did the idiots on here would be on their back straight away so not worth it

I prefer caged :whistling:

got to be free range, that or nothing, no choice at all

happy eggs.....yeah!

Original Poster

druss27;5253360

Taste the same in a cheese omelette or in a cake :w00t: Not bothered but … Taste the same in a cheese omelette or in a cake :w00t: Not bothered but I suppose caged as they're cheaper.

honesty i can apriciate but not spell lol:thumbsup:

Banned

F15H_FAC3;5253393

Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged even if they did the … Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged even if they did the idiots on here would be on their back straight away so not worth it

I have purchased caged eggs on many occasions, not because i prefer the taste but because they are cheaper, but do prefer free range, and dont give a flying flea what others say

Original Poster

surfbunny;5253409

got to be free range, that or nothing, no choice at all

you are not telling me you would not eat caged if they were the only ones available??? or tha you have never eaten them?

druss27;5253403

I prefer caged :whistling:

Nah...barn eggs, best of both haha

Original Poster

sassie;5253420

I have purchased caged eggs on many occasions, not because i prefer the … I have purchased caged eggs on many occasions, not because i prefer the taste but because they are cheaper, but do prefer free range, and dont give a flying flea what others say

just so you know i think there is very little difference also me and the wife are not well off in fact closer to skint than rich we still buy free range though , please remeber that i am just saying what we do not knocking you in any way

I buy whatever i can afford, which is usually caged, unless free range are on offer.

How many people choosing free range to be kind, make a chicken omlette :whistling:

I can't justify paying more for eggs, when, at the end of the day, we are killing and eating the chickens anyway.

What next. Free range milk?

Banned

grahamh1981;5253463

just so you know i think there is very little difference also me and the … just so you know i think there is very little difference also me and the wife are not well off in fact closer to skint than rich we still buy free range though , please remeber that i am just saying what we do not knocking you in any way

thats fine, my daughter now has a little job on a saturday and they sell free range so we will be getting them a little cheaer so for now we will be buying free range :thumbsup:

Banned

I wonder how much the perceived 'taste difference' is a psychological thing, rather than an actual discernible gap.

Is it a case of 'well these must taste better because they're from happy free range chickens' or 'i paid more and these will darn well taste better so I don't look silly'.

It's actually been proven that if you pay twice as much for free range eggs they taste twice as good:whistling:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5253509

I wonder how much the perceived 'taste difference' is a psychological … I wonder how much the perceived 'taste difference' is a psychological thing, rather than an actual discernible gap.Is it a case of 'well these must taste better because they're from happy free range chickens' or 'i paid more and these will darn well taste better so I don't look silly'.It's actually been proven that if you pay twice as much for free range eggs they taste twice as good:whistling:

my son is 7, and he can tell the difference

Banned

F15H_FAC3;5253393

Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged mainly because of the … Asif anyone is going to admit to prefering caged mainly because of the idiots on here would be on their back straight away so not worth it

They say free range eggs taste better because they're happier, but you have to wonder how happy they'll be in this economic climate with increased unemployment.

Banned

sassie;5253520

Without looking at the packaging?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5253546

Without looking at the packaging?

no he doesnt look at the packaging, buy them, know the price, hes 7 lol

grahamh1981;5253463

just so you know i think there is very little difference also me and the … just so you know i think there is very little difference also me and the wife are not well off in fact closer to skint than rich we still buy free range though , please remeber that i am just saying what we do not knocking you in any way

Dude look at the price difference on me deal "The free-range eggs were 6 for something like £1.53" rather than 10 for 99p=big difference and you can't compare yourself to others bud, everyones situ is different.

Original Poster

sassie;5253520

rep added filth youu sir are a cad!

Original Poster

druss27;5253568

Dude look at the price difference on me deal "The free-range eggs were 6 … Dude look at the price difference on me deal "The free-range eggs were 6 for something like £1.53" rather than 10 for 99p=big difference and you can't compare yourself to others bud, everyones situ is different.

hey read what i put i wasnt knocking anyone just saying what we do and yeah i know that sometimes there is a big price difference but alot of the time there isnt i think the last ones we bought were from sainsburys 15 free range for about 2 quid

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5253536

They say free range eggs taste better because they're happier, but you … They say free range eggs taste better because they're happier, but you have to wonder how happy they'll be in this economic climate with increased unemployment.

yeah matey the chickens will be bothered about our unemployment and the cows are allready a bit peaved about m.p expenses:thumbsup:

I prefer caged eggs. I find the tears of unfathomable sadness that the chickens shed as the days months and years go by and they realise that their only flicker of conscious existence within the entire infinity of space and time will be spent incarcerated in the most restrictive and suffocating of conditions, I find they add a pleasantly salty hint to the flavour.

grahamh1981;5253596

hey read what i put i wasnt knocking anyone just saying what we do and … hey read what i put i wasnt knocking anyone just saying what we do and yeah i know that sometimes there is a big price difference but alot of the time there isnt i think the last ones we bought were from sainsburys 15 free range for about 2 quid

Yea I know but they were on offer and you were putting your situ across as if everyone thatis "skint" could afford the difference, anyways fancy a cod sesh?

dont think 'free range' is all that its cracked up to be

visions of a few dozen chickens running round a green field with little mary collecting eggs in a basket - in yer dreams

reality

Although flock sizes vary, most commercial producers have 8000-12,000 hens, with a maximum limit of 16,000 in one house. Mobile sheds house up to about 3000 birds.

fwi.co.uk/Art…tml

its big business -

dxx;5253630

I prefer caged eggs. I find the tears of unfathomable sadness that the … I prefer caged eggs. I find the tears of unfathomable sadness that the chickens shed as the days months and years go by and they realise that their only flicker of conscious existence within the entire infinity of space and time will be spent incarcerated in the most restrictive and suffocating of conditions, I find they add a pleasantly salty hint to the flavour.

Better that than the way Koreans treat their animals before they eat them. Check you tube out and let me know which is worse.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=druss27;5253655]Yea I know but they were on offer and you were putting your situ across as if everyone thatis "skint" could afford the difference, anyways fancy a cod sesh?[/QU
nah just letting peeps know what we do matey nowt else and cod sounds rather tastey

Original Poster

right i think we have discused shal i close or expire link so we can all move on ?

druss27;5253685

Better that than the way Koreans treat their animals before they eat … Better that than the way Koreans treat their animals before they eat them. Check you tube out and let me know which is worse.

Sorry, did you think I was being sarcastic?

Banned

grahamh1981;5253707

right i think we have discused shal i close or expire link so we can all … right i think we have discused shal i close or expire link so we can all move on ?

you mean before all hell breaks loose

Original Poster

on c.o.d w.a.w now mr banana see you in a mo

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…811
  2. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?35
  3. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?22
  4. Electric Bike Advice.11

See more discussions