Calais again, another violent ambush at roadblock this time.

30 replies
Found 14th Sep 2016
Makes you feels kind of proud and warm knowing these violent individuals are prepared to risk the life of the lorry driver to sneak into Britain, these people are not asylum seekers of they would have stopped in Spain or Germany or France they're ECONOMIC MIGRANTS

All men of fighting age who have abandoned their women and children in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc because the place is too dangerous.

liveleak.com/vie…173

1. Misc
  2. Calais
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Calais
30 Comments

Original Poster

This is one of the main reasons why people voted for Brexit.

Banned

And cue.........

Yes we all know most of the "refugees" surrounding Calais are not genuine refugees & will do anything to enter the UK. That is why the UK employed more border staff both this side of the channel & in France itself.

Now tell me something that I dont know,

My machine gun comment was removed.

It was a typo. I meant to write that I hope if any of these fine and upstanding citizens make it to the UK we should welcome them with free housing, free cash, free food and drink, free education and anything else we can give them free of charge.:|

Like it or not, these are payback of our investment abroad of our involvements thousands of miles away, rather than to leave them to their own devices.

splender

Like it or not, these are payback of our investment abroad of our … Like it or not, these are payback of our investment abroad of our involvements thousands of miles away, rather than to leave them to their own devices.

​lorry drivers deserve what, apologist much?

davewave

​lorry drivers deserve what, apologist much?

As ridiculous as saying anyone that doesn't want them here is a racist.

Not everything is binary.
Edited by: "Towelie" 14th Sep 2016

Mark2111

My machine gun comment was removed.It was a typo. I meant to write that I … My machine gun comment was removed.It was a typo. I meant to write that I hope if any of these fine and upstanding citizens make it to the UK we should welcome them with free housing, free cash, free food and drink, free education and anything else we can give them free of charge.:|

On the basis of human dignity? What these people did is illegal, dangerous and indefensible but British values aren't to mow people down with automatic weapons. British values aren't to treat or describe these people as animals.

It's funny that those who would have you believe that they care about this country are the ones who seem to least understand exactly what makes this country so great.

Banned

The French govt doesn't seem to care so unfortunately it comes down to the civilians to defend themselves from these uncivilised "refugees".

Original Poster

splender

Like it or not, these are payback of our investment abroad of our … Like it or not, these are payback of our investment abroad of our involvements thousands of miles away, rather than to leave them to their own devices.

No many in Calais are from sub Saharan Africa coming for paid jobs at any rate as it is worth a fortune back in their home countries where goats and other livestock are seen as highly valued goods.

Towelie

As ridiculous as saying anyone that doesn't want them here is a … As ridiculous as saying anyone that doesn't want them here is a racist.Not everything is binary.

​why would a criminal gang need to violently attack lorry drivers in order travel from France to the UK having travelled from Somalia or Eritrea because of the unrest in Libya, Iraq or Assad and Putin's protection of a dictatorship? These criminal thugs don't deserve the justification of unrelated political events, whether a dictatorship remains in place or is removed then the apologists always blame the West because to blame the criminals isnt fashionable and is perceived to be bigoted.

splender

I beg to differ. We were never involved in Nigeria ( post colonial era ), Iran, Eritrea or Pakistan. Yet, the opoortunists are from these countries.

benjammin316

Where did Stuarts replies disappear to

Sad really. Too many apologists & sympathisers around. Thats why the economic migrants get away with as much as they do.

This problem will never end until migrants are stopped from coming into Europe and those already here are sent back.No border controls and this is what you get.Government's are supposed to protect their citizens and way of life,would be nice to see if happening.

Another thing I learned today.... asylum seekers (Afghans, Syrians, Iraqis) in Germany are using their benefits to go on holiday:|, guess where ? Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq which are supposedly so unsafe they had to flee (German government source).

Can never stop immigration in commerce, as they are all inward and outward exchanges, namely exchanges in, goods, services, money, people, assets, technology, crime etc; all parts and parcel of UK international and globalisation; take the rough with the smooth. All we can do is to share the "smooth" more evenly amongst ourselves in forms of jobs, incomes, hospital expenses, schools etc., when say immigrants worked in say £100m in economic activities then say, £50,000 is added to NHS, that's where the core issue is. The simple matter is there is no government statistics to demonstrate addition of economic activity driven by immigrants or migrant workers versus additional funds added to public services in proportion to this extra economic output. Using one tiny example, in Wisbech and adjacent agricultural areas, the economic output is tremendous feeding vegetables to the supermarkets, who can actually say, due to the multi billion extra revenue, therefore x schools and x number of GPs and doctors have been added?! so as to keep same service levels to the local indigenous residents happy. In my area the population has grown with much more economic activity and house prices have accelerated through the roof, yet public services are being cut.
Likewise, the house building programme is the same, there is no proportionate increase in houses per unit growth of population per area or per unit growth in economic activity due to increase in people. The figures just demonstrate increase is miniscule, hence the crisis in South East.

Graham1979

No many in Calais are from sub Saharan Africa coming for paid jobs at any … No many in Calais are from sub Saharan Africa coming for paid jobs at any rate as it is worth a fortune back in their home countries where goats and other livestock are seen as highly valued goods.

I'm not convinced they are "coming for paid jobs"; 66% of those from Somalia in London are unemployed, if you can't get a job in London, you probably aren't going to work anywhere.

Linky

Edited by: "fishtastic" 15th Sep 2016

fishtastic

I'm not convinced they are "coming for paid jobs"; 66% of those from … I'm not convinced they are "coming for paid jobs"; 66% of those from Somalia in London are unemployed, if you can't get a job in London, you probably aren't going to work anywhere.Linky

We have as a general statistics in UK, 66 million, about 30 million in salaried jobs and self employed. So that's about 50% on average not in employment depending on how one counts the figures. Some groups would be 100% employed, some would be 0% depending on how you quarter and dime it. That link shows London worklessness, United Kingdom is taken as a national average as 30% worklessness. But it is very easy to do many groups of white British, any ethnic British, in other home counties or different demographic group and show a much higher % variance and show a much higher % than the national UK average, in worklessness. ( e.g. North East, Northern Ireland, Wales, Cornwall...or even a university town if you do such a graph for youths and compare with a national average. In EU southern states, one could find youth worklessness on average 30% to 50%.
Here follows a bigger picture point (66 million people) on what you are trying to say rather than selecting a tiny jigsaw piece (120,000 people) to infer a bigger picture. As can be seen from this picture, if you want to rant and take action and do something about it, tackle the larger pciture for rich returns for your efforts.
http://i64.tinypic.com/29y08j4.jpg

Edited by: "splender" 15th Sep 2016

Mark2111

My machine gun comment was removed.It was a typo. I meant to write that I … My machine gun comment was removed.It was a typo. I meant to write that I hope if any of these fine and upstanding citizens make it to the UK we should welcome them with free housing, free cash, free food and drink, free education and anything else we can give them free of charge.:|

Free 10' bargepole and gallon of Vaseline?

splender

We have as a general statistics in UK, 66 million, about 30 million in … We have as a general statistics in UK, 66 million, about 30 million in salaried jobs and self employed. So that's about 50% on average not in employment depending on how one counts the figures. Some groups would be 100% employed, some would be 0% depending on how you quarter and dime it. That link shows London worklessness, United Kingdom is taken as a national average as 30% worklessness. But it is very easy to do many groups of white British, any ethnic British, in other home counties or different demographic group and show a much higher % variance and show a much higher % than the national UK average, in worklessness. ( e.g. North East, Northern Ireland, Wales, Cornwall...or even a university town if you do such a graph for youths and compare with a national average. In EU southern states, one could find youth worklessness on average 30% to 50%.Here follows a bigger picture point (66 million people) on what you are trying to say rather than selecting a tiny jigsaw piece (120,000 people) to infer a bigger picture. As can be seen from this picture, if you want to rant and take action and do something about it, tackle the larger pciture for rich returns for your efforts.

The last I checked we stopped puting the children into Mills and up Chimneys a good few years ago. So your 50% of non-workers is way less than 30odd million. Also don't forget Granny and Granddad, who aren't workers either.

Oneday77

The last I checked we stopped puting the children into Mills and up … The last I checked we stopped puting the children into Mills and up Chimneys a good few years ago. So your 50% of non-workers is way less than 30odd million. Also don't forget Granny and Granddad, who aren't workers either.

The ONS have various "non working" definitions, so one has to be careful in the final numbers as to what is included or excluded in using these numbers (e.g. unemployed, NEET, worklessness, households, individual; seasonal migrants blah blah....).

airfix

Another thing I learned today.... asylum seekers (Afghans, Syrians, … Another thing I learned today.... asylum seekers (Afghans, Syrians, Iraqis) in Germany are using their benefits to go on holiday:|, guess where ? Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq which are supposedly so unsafe they had to flee (German government source).

The Germans must have a warm fuzzy feeling about their governments open arms policy.

airfix

Another thing I learned today.... asylum seekers (Afghans, Syrians, … Another thing I learned today.... asylum seekers (Afghans, Syrians, Iraqis) in Germany are using their benefits to go on holiday:|, guess where ? Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq which are supposedly so unsafe they had to flee (German government source).

The asylum seekers have been coming only recently, so there's no way they will have their benefits processed that quick and even have enough saved up for a holiday. The ones heading back are most likely have been here a long time or born here.

Plus they won't get benefits if they don't have residency.
Edited by: "MR1123" 16th Sep 2016

MR1123

The asylum seekers have been coming only recently, so there's no way they … The asylum seekers have been coming only recently, so there's no way they will have their benefits processed that quick and even have enough saved up for a holiday. The ones heading back are most likely have been here a long time or born here.Plus they won't get benefits if they don't have residency.

Read here the report, it's in German so you need to translate (unless you read German), seems you are wrong.

welt.de/pol…rue

Terrible. Just Terrible.

splender

We have as a general statistics in UK, 66 million, about 30 million in … We have as a general statistics in UK, 66 million, about 30 million in salaried jobs and self employed. So that's about 50% on average not in employment depending on how one counts the figures. Some groups would be 100% employed, some would be 0% depending on how you quarter and dime it. That link shows London worklessness, United Kingdom

Yes, my link was for London, the clue was when I said London.

Here, have something for the entire country (IPPR PDF). The figure to look at is the 19% employment rate.

To save you looking through the entire report, here's a table (apologies in advance for the formatting).

Table 5.2. Employment status of working-age population by country of birth, excluding
full-time students, 2005/06 (ranked by unemployment rate)

Rank---Country of Birth---Employed---Unemployed---Inactive
1 ---Canada---------85%------2%------13%
2=---Cyprus---------68%------3%------29%
2=---France---------86%------3%------12%
2=---Republic of Ireland---72%------3%------25%
2=---USA---------81%------3%------16%
2=---Kenya---------77%------3%------20%
2=---Australia------88%------3%------8%
8=---UK---------78%------4%------18%
8=---Philippines------84%------4%------12%
8=---South Africa------84%------4%------12%
8=---Zimbabwe------84%------4%------11%
8=---China---------69%------4%------27%
8=---India---------71%------4%------25%
8=---Poland---------85%------4%------11%
15=---Sri Lanka------73%------5%------22%
15=---Pakistan------45%------5%------50%
17=---Italy---------75%------6%------19%
17=---Uganda---------77%------6%------16%
19=---Nigeria---------76%------7%------17%
19=---Jamaica---------69%------7%------24%
19=---Turkey---------41%------7%------52%
22=---Bangladesh------44%------8%------48%
22=---Portugal------70%------8%------22%
22=---Ghana---------80%------8%------12%
25---Somalia---------19%------10%------71%
26---Iran---------51%------12%------36%
Note: Percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding
Source: LFS and ippr calculations

cchopps

An English language balanced view.

So.... They're not denying that it's happening but are just upset over the wording of it?

landros1

This is one of the main reasons why people voted for Brexit.

Sad ain't it. People voted to leave the EU for this reason, when it has nothing to do with the EU. In fact being part of the EU protects us from it as we can work with France to sort it out.

These people are not, and did not originate in the EU..

Best thing to do, is to charter a huge ferry, put a big banner on the side saying "Ferry to the UK" park it up next to the camps, let everyone board it, then ferry it back to Africa.

Original Poster

Chiptivo

Sad ain't it. People voted to leave the EU for this reason, when it has … Sad ain't it. People voted to leave the EU for this reason, when it has nothing to do with the EU. In fact being part of the EU protects us from it as we can work with France to sort it out. These people are not, and did not originate in the EU.. Best thing to do, is to charter a huge ferry, put a big banner on the side saying "Ferry to the UK" park it up next to the camps, let everyone board it, then ferry it back to Africa.

Ha ha ha
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61630
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions