Groups

calculating what size radiator needed

Banned
    Sorry to be a pan in de bum, but how do you calculate what radiator size is needed per room size

38 Comments

Here you go. radcalcs.com/

Syzable;4193144

Here you go. http://www.radcalcs.com/

LOL, beat me on the google search,:)

Try Wickes also for BTU to radiator size conversion

]wickes.co.uk/con…pdf

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;4193144

Here you go. http://www.radcalcs.com/

put in all measurements and result just says NaN :?

ok gotit working now, thank you x

barneydog;4193176

LOL, beat me on the google search,:)Try Wickes also for BTU to radiator … LOL, beat me on the google search,:)Try Wickes also for BTU to radiator size conversion]www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/49.pdf

Google search............that's one of my favourite sites to browse. :whistling: ;-)

sassie;4193196

put in all measurements and result just says NaN :?

Better ask your daughter if she's pregnant. :shock: Think it could be a fortune telling site. :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

barney something wrong with link, it takes me to hotukdeals

sassie;4193222

barney something wrong with link, it takes me to hotukdeals

Try this, third result down

google.co.uk/sea…ta=

Or cut and paste the original link into a new window, you will need a program that supports pdfs

dcx_badass;4193219

2 by 4, works for everything no matter what.

Is that for the Radiator or if the Fortune telling prediction is correct. lol

Original Poster Banned

oh err, it says i need 4000 BTU/hour now im lost - lol

Syzable;4193200

Google search............that's one of my favourite sites to browse. … Google search............that's one of my favourite sites to browse. :whistling: ;-)

:lol: ;-)

Original Poster Banned

oi you lot, go ask ya wives if they can sort this out :-(

So by looking at the chart on wickes i need a single 1200 by 600 yeah?

or a double 700 by 600

Every house i've bought has had them in already............i haven't really a clue. :lol:

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;4193305

Every house i've bought has had them in already............i haven't … Every house i've bought has had them in already............i haven't really a clue. :lol:

mine has to, but they are obviously not big enough, as the rooms arent reaching an adequate temp

I know this may sound stupid but have you checked the thermostat and also felt the radiators to see if they are warming up properly and don't need bleeding?

Original Poster Banned

yes everything fine, rads red hot all the way through, my heating can be on alll day and the rooms downstairs dont even reach 20,

Syzable;4193350

I know this may sound stupid but have you checked the thermostat and also … I know this may sound stupid but have you checked the thermostat and also felt the radiators to see if they are warming up properly and don't need bleeding?

Another thing to check is the room where the thermostat located getting warm and therefor switching the heating off before the other rooms are getting warm, this used to happen in my house before I had the thermostat moved.

Original Poster Banned

no the rads are on all day, they never switch off because the rooms never reach target temp, in other words rads red hot all day never switch off and room still not reaching temp

Syzable;4193350

I know this may sound stupid but have you checked the thermostat and also … I know this may sound stupid but have you checked the thermostat and also felt the radiators to see if they are warming up properly and don't need bleeding?

lol! my son told me he needed to get his landlord round coz his rads were only hot at the bottom, I asked if he had bled them and got a blank look as a reply....so I bled them for him and as the air was escaping he started panicking and backing away............he thought I was letting actual gas out of them as it was gas central heating!!!!!!!!!!!! kids :roll:

sorry Sassie, cant help with the size needed ;-)

sassie;4193363

yes everything fine, rads red hot all the way through, my heating can be … yes everything fine, rads red hot all the way through, my heating can be on alll day and the rooms downstairs dont even reach 20,

Sounds more like there is a problem with the house insulation. Does your local council have a scheme for free cavity wall insulation etc.

I remember reading something about it for people either on benefits or who are claiming tax credits/child benefit.

Original Poster Banned

everything has been done, walls insulated as is loft, this is to do with rad sizes, nothing else

sassie;4193395

everything has been done, walls insulated as is loft, this is to do with … everything has been done, walls insulated as is loft, this is to do with rad sizes, nothing else

In which case the sizes you quoted are right as far as I can tell

sassie;4193395

everything has been done, walls insulated as is loft, this is to do with … everything has been done, walls insulated as is loft, this is to do with rad sizes, nothing else

Well in that case...............buy a bloody huge one. :lol:

Original Poster Banned

well lounge one is deffo to small by probably half, dining room is also undersized

sassie;4193443

dining room is also undersized

You want a builder and extension now :shock: Never happy :x

Original Poster Banned

lol - cheers for the links guys, will need to address this issue before redecorating (if it ever happens)

Original Poster Banned

cant so the hallway as how the hell do you measure that - pmsl

P.s Asked daughter and she bit my head off :-(

Assuming you're not going to put them in yourself and going to get a plumber in to do then ask them, they will do all the calcs for you.

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;4193511

Assuming you're not going to put them in yourself and going to get a … Assuming you're not going to put them in yourself and going to get a plumber in to do then ask them, they will do all the calcs for you.

well your assumptions are wrong, i am gonna attempt in fitting these myself

sassie;4193544

well your assumptions are wrong, i intend fitting these myself

I didn't know you were Polish :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;4193590

I didn't know you were Polish :whistling:

im sure that is funny............................i just dont get it :w00t:

On the other thread you said you didnt wanna knock plaster off the wall and in this one you're gonna try fitting new rads,omg i know which one i'd attempt and its not new rads..lol

Original Poster Banned

deb8z;4193920

On the other thread you said you didnt wanna knock plaster off the wall … On the other thread you said you didnt wanna knock plaster off the wall and in this one you're gonna try fitting new rads,omg i know which one i'd attempt and its not new rads..lol

lol - im not going to be fitting them myself, i was just teasing, barney knows that

Ohhhh and there's me getting all impressed that you were gonna do em yourself....lol

I wouldn't dare attempt something like that,i'm good at wrecking things not fixing them..lol

Original Poster Banned

deb8z;4194043

Ohhhh and there's me getting all impressed that you were gonna do em … Ohhhh and there's me getting all impressed that you were gonna do em yourself....lolI wouldn't dare attempt something like that,i'm good at wrecking things not fixing them..lol

no there are certain things i wouldnt dare touch and mucking about with a boiler and rads aint one of them, although a few years ago i wouldnt have touched electrics, but now i have changed the odd switches and fittings :w00t:

I know what you mean though,its amazing the things you will try when you're stuck

Last summer i had my arm in the drain outside upto my elbow unblocking it:w00t:

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;4195887

]Room size to radiator size

lol i flipping new i had asked before, but could i flippin find it, i then thought maybe i hadnt asked, senile dementia setting in fast, but thank you to going to the trouble :thumbsup:

I remember you asking before, and searched your threads that have radiator in the title.

Difficulty level for high class members = 1
    Difficulty level for regular Joe = 3.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions