call of duty 4 question - please help

30 replies
Found 18th Dec 2009
hi, i just need some help , i hsve bought a copy of call of duty 4 for hubby, its supposed to be the game of the year edition and although the cover says it is, the picture on the disc says it is just call of duty 4.

is this correct or should the disc picture say game of the year

thanks for any help

30 Comments

Was it not sealed? Where'd you get it from?

Original Poster

bought it off ebay so no, not sealed

disc doesn't say GOTY on it, but you should have a cardboard insert with a code on it to download additional maps
iff it's 2nd hand, the code may have already been used

It should say GOTY edition on the disk

http://s1.cdcovers.cc/764af8a4e49a80e2394d835975b8b9fe/185def60f17b8fa6bbaec2ff5ea92c99/4b2b7ddc/Call_Of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare_Game_Of_The_Year_NTSC-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-cd1.jpg

Original Poster

J9STL;7265221

disc doesn't say GOTY on it, but you should have a cardboard insert with … disc doesn't say GOTY on it, but you should have a cardboard insert with a code on it to download additional maps iff it'ds 2nd hand, the cde may have already been used

no insert, so i guess its been used. thanks for the info

did your hubby want Call OF Duty 4: Modern Warfare, or Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR] ?

Original Poster

J9STL;7265221

disc doesn't say GOTY on it, but you should have a cardboard insert with … disc doesn't say GOTY on it, but you should have a cardboard insert with a code on it to download additional maps iff it's 2nd hand, the code may have already been used

Babbabooey;7265235

It should say GOTY edition on the disk

now im confused

Original Poster

Tanchi;7265246

did your hubby want Call OF Duty 4: Modern Warfare, or Call Of Duty 4: … did your hubby want Call OF Duty 4: Modern Warfare, or Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR] ?

definitely this one, he already has modern warfare 2 . he specifically wanted the game of the year but said second hand was ok, now i dont see any difference if all it gives extra is a code

patchy987;7265261

definitely this one, he already has modern warfare 2 . he specifically … definitely this one, he already has modern warfare 2 . he specifically wanted the game of the year but said second hand was ok, now i dont see any difference if all it gives extra is a code

The code is for the multiplayer maps.

Without the code the game is the same as the normal edition.

You can download the maps from xbox live but at a cost.

patchy987;7265261

definitely this one, he already has modern warfare 2 . he specifically … definitely this one, he already has modern warfare 2 . he specifically wanted the game of the year but said second hand was ok, now i dont see any difference if all it gives extra is a code

yes, but the code gives you extra maps in the online multiplayer, otherwise you have to pay for them

Original Poster

Starr;7265270

The code is for the multiplayer maps.Without the code the game is the … The code is for the multiplayer maps.Without the code the game is the same as the normal edition.You can download the maps from xbox live but at a cost.

ah right, i feel ripped off now as could have paid a lot less for the normal edition. just assumed it was like fallout 3 where you get extra quests or something....

patchy987;7265295

ah right, i feel ripped off now as could have paid a lot less for the … ah right, i feel ripped off now as could have paid a lot less for the normal edition. just assumed it was like fallout 3 where you get extra quests or something....

Thats ebay for you.

Request a refund if they stated it was game of the year editon and didnt mention the codes had been used.

Its quite a bit of difference, I picked up COD 4 from the for sale/trade section on here for £11. I bet you paid lot more than that.

Ask for a refund.

i purchased 2 wednesday from gamestation both goty and sealed
it says nothing on the disc and it has no code either

Original Poster

Starr;7265321

Thats ebay for you.Request a refund if they stated it was game of the … Thats ebay for you.Request a refund if they stated it was game of the year editon and didnt mention the codes had been used.Its quite a bit of difference, I picked up COD 4 from the for sale/trade section on here for £11. I bet you paid lot more than that.Ask for a refund.

have just sent the guy a message so will see what he says

ARROWSMITH47;7265377

i purchased 2 wednesday from gamestation both goty and sealed it says … i purchased 2 wednesday from gamestation both goty and sealed it says nothing on the disc and it has no code either

ah, that was my next plan, !!

they got it on offer £22.99 too
i have been told codes dont work now anyway dont know how true

Original Poster

ARROWSMITH47;7265428

they got it on offer £22.99 tooi have been told codes dont work now … they got it on offer £22.99 tooi have been told codes dont work now anyway dont know how true

so really should just have bought the normal one then

thing is i already paid for extra maps so i didnt question it as i didnt need code
i was looking and they had normal game second hand £19.99
and new goty for £22.99 so just thought for extra £3 i would have new

Makes no difference you are still going to have to pay for the maps if (hubby wants them) as they no longer are available for free via redemption as they stopped giving away codes to redeem ages ago . Terrible scam if you paid more for game of year edition but they got away with it.

Edit having just checked again it seems to be resolved and they have more tokens now.

gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/ind…php

i def not got a piece of paper with code

Original Poster

J9STL;7265465

GOTY edition contents - (this is mine bought ages … GOTY edition contents - (this is mine bought ages ago)http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4351/pc180075.jpg

definitely not got the black leaflet you show, so think i have been ripped off.still no answer back from him yet in his listing he clearly states he can respond to questions in minutes and when i was buying he answered all questions in a couple of mins

Original Poster

dontasciime;7265482

Makes no difference you are still going to have to pay for the maps if … Makes no difference you are still going to have to pay for the maps if (hubby wants them) as they no longer are available for free via redemption as they stopped giving away codes to redeem ages ago . Terrible scam if you paid more for game of year edition but they got away with it.Edit having just checked again it seems to be resolved and they have more tokens now.http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/index_world.php

guess i should have researched before i bought, aaahhh feel so mad now

The code can only be used once so I guess the seller probably used it already.

Original Poster

Abvance;7265559

The code can only be used once so I guess the seller probably used it … The code can only be used once so I guess the seller probably used it already.

thats what im guessing too but he should have then sold it as just the normal game which isnt worth as much

Original Poster

ok so im taking back my moaning now, it seems there ares ome honest ebayers, just had this message from him.........

oh **** im so sorry i really had no idea i honestly did not know, i think i personally have the game of the year edition at home so i will try get the codes for you. like i said i dint even know they were there. if not i will accept a return for a full refund or i will partially refund you hope this helps

patchy987;7265627

ok so im taking back my moaning now, it seems there ares ome honest … ok so im taking back my moaning now, it seems there ares ome honest ebayers, just had this message from him.........oh **** im so sorry i really had no idea i honestly did not know, i think i personally have the game of the year edition at home so i will try get the codes for you. like i said i dint even know they were there. if not i will accept a return for a full refund or i will partially refund you hope this helps

I may have an unused code from my GOTY at home if you do not get one off this guy (I will check and confirm later) you can have it if I find it.

patchy987;7265627

ok so im taking back my moaning now, it seems there ares ome honest … ok so im taking back my moaning now, it seems there ares ome honest ebayers, just had this message from him.........oh **** im so sorry i really had no idea i honestly did not know, i think i personally have the game of the year edition at home so i will try get the codes for you. like i said i dint even know they were there. if not i will accept a return for a full refund or i will partially refund you hope this helps

Cool, I like it when you get sellers like that :thumbsup:

patchy987;7265627

Very good

DJNG22;7265726

I may have an unused code from my GOTY at home if you do not get one off … I may have an unused code from my GOTY at home if you do not get one off this guy (I will check and confirm later) you can have it if I find it.

Thats nice of you... i need one also :whistling:

Original Poster

DJNG22;7265726

I may have an unused code from my GOTY at home if you do not get one off … I may have an unused code from my GOTY at home if you do not get one off this guy (I will check and confirm later) you can have it if I find it.

that is so nice of you, ill wait to hear if you do find it

patchy987;7268496

that is so nice of you, ill wait to hear if you do find it

yes I have the code if you want it, please let me know:thumbsup:

edit : no answer so withdrawn (might use myself now)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions