Groups

call of duty modern warfare 2 cartoonish graphics online

Anyone else thinks the same

17 Comments

yeap!

Yeah lol @ consoles they cannot play games the way they are meant to be played and programmed for.

Pc gaming rules

Providing you have a decent gfx card, fast enough CPU, at least 2 gig of ram a decent mouse and keyboard.

An example Play trials2 se on PC with a quad core 4 gig of ram a radeon 1950xt(this gfx card is getting on but is still far better than needed to play this game) and it's appalling and chugs along then look at how nice it looks and moves on a 360 makes me wonder why I would bother with a PC for games when I can use a dedicated games machine to do it. Which is also why I don't use my ps3, wii or 360 to browse the internet, well apart from my 360 does not support that option.

Banned

dude play gears of war on my dual core 2 gig cheapo ram and basic components no soundcard but onboard sound and a 7400gs go

still a ton of alot better than what the xbox churned out!

PC Gaming STW

At 1920x1080

or at least 1280x720

Someone can jump in now and say 360,ps3 don't run at 1080 well for the majority of games it does not, no they are upscaled. There are a few native 1080 titles and they do look very good and move well, without the tearing/vsync issues and lined gfx movement graphic refresh updates you get quite commonly on all pc's i have ever seen playing games these are the £2,000+ custom built ones.

You 2 like pc games better thats ok you can. I like my consoles better though and gears of war still looks amazing on my 360 and hdtv so I'm happy enough with my 2 hd consoles

xbox = £130
    pc running at same quality = £1300

matt3454;6852080

xbox = £130pc running at same quality = £1300

^ has a point.

what res do pc games run @ now like ? cos even at 720p with some of the recent titles that require hardware dx 10/11 dx the FPS are far too slow and grind to halt with everything turned on or even at mid detail using both non hardware dx10/11 and even hardware dx10/11 cards struggle.

I gave up a long time ago paying £300+ for gfx cards that make no difference when I use one of my Intel quad cores and getbad jerky results on 2 decent mobos usign fast hard drives and with fast ram just no point for me which is why I will stick to my 360 or ps3 for my games. You want to stick to your pc that's great you do that, you are obviously happy with that and you know what you like and want to do with your pc

pc gaming = FTL

kiwinator;6852137

pc gaming = FTL

/thread

The one trouble with PC's is that you have to buy upgrades for them far more than consoles.

Everytime something small like a new shadermodel comes out then another thing becomes obsolete.

A few years ago i spent a bit, got a Radeon X800, a year later the new games wouldn't play on it because it didnt support Shader Model 2.0 (or 3.0 idk).

Banned

dontasciime;6852069

At 1920x1080or at least 1280x720 Someone can jump in now and say 360,ps3 … At 1920x1080or at least 1280x720 Someone can jump in now and say 360,ps3 don't run at 1080 well for the majority of games it does not, no they are upscaled. There are a few native 1080 titles and they do look very good and move well, without the tearing/vsync issues and lined gfx movement graphic refresh updates you get quite commonly on all pc's i have ever seen playing games these are the £2,000+ custom built ones.You 2 like pc games better thats ok you can. I like my consoles better though and gears of war still looks amazing on my 360 and hdtv so I'm happy enough with my 2 hd consoles

what u on about pc game tearing and refresh updates?
    if you have a decent enough monitor with a refresh rate of over 100hz and a good graphics card you get no lag or tearing or any issues whatsoever

go on youtube and watch people who have uploaded games like crysis gameplay on their pc's which cost them about £500

yes a good, v.good PC build for £500 is possible.

it doesnt need upgrading and it will play the same games released on consoes at an even better graphical pov.

The Call of Duty series has always had below par graphics (a trait that is usually a benefit and lure for most gamers but seems to be thrown out of the window in this case)
    Uncharted 2 on the otherhand...wow, just amazing graphics

Banned

matt3454;6852178

The one trouble with PC's is that you have to buy upgrades for them far … The one trouble with PC's is that you have to buy upgrades for them far more than consoles.Everytime something small like a new shadermodel comes out then another thing becomes obsolete.A few years ago i spent a bit, got a Radeon X800, a year later the new games wouldn't play on it because it didnt support Shader Model 2.0 (or 3.0 idk).

hmmm.

my pc is in its 5th year i believe. it still plays fifa 10, gears of war, hmmm counterstrike, doom3, it can even play crysis, but ofcourse i wont get it in much graphical glory. 7400 gs nvidia card (or 7600 gs - one of the two)
    i paid £550 for the full package at the time, monitor and base unit. it still played the games with better graphics than wat the xbo churns out. i like my games with good graphics and i love mouse + keyboard.

consoles are stuck until a new one is released. as dcx said, PC's move on. and if you like your games to be played at full potential, upgrading is an option, not a necessity.

it does require you to do some research, to avoid a faux pas,

dcx_badass;6852165

2560*1600. 1080P lol fail.

Lol @ Fail how old >?

which game and which PC do you own that will run that game at that res and on which panel do you run it on :lol

You need to be spending a lot of cash for that gaming set up. The monitor will set you back over £1,000 for that res eg a dell30007wfp competition will lower prices in time though and actually maybe there is another brand with a much lower price for that kind of res in LCD package. CRT may do it easily but at what cost in space with them being bulky.

Good luck though trying with your current set up .:thumbsup:

kapows;6852227

what u on about pc game tearing and refresh updates?if you have a decent … what u on about pc game tearing and refresh updates?if you have a decent enough monitor with a refresh rate of over 100hz and a good graphics card you get no lag or tearing or any issues whatsoevergo on youtube and watch people who have uploaded games like crysis gameplay on their pc's which cost them about £500yes a good, v.good PC build for £500 is possible.it doesnt need upgrading and it will play the same games released on consoes at an even better graphical pov.

yeah and you can always see the lines when they move left and right they are horrible

100hz do all pc gamers still use crt screens ?

Both have their pro's and con's, these debates have been done to death for many years and I am sure in many years to come people will still have the same debate.

Ultimately it depends on the individual person as to what is better suited for them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1221
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927348
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1621
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553785

See more discussions