Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Mode?

Found 11th Dec 2009
Hi All,

can someone tell me what are the benifts (if any) that Presige mode brings?
Apart from the higher badges u can get, I dont really see much point in losing all ur weapons, perks etc, just for a new badge against your name.

17 Comments

pride, and something new to aim for.

None - don't do it!

I took prestige in COD4 and spend the next week regretting it, having to earn all my guns and perks back - eventually lost interest and gave the game up all together.......

Plus there are more challenges to complete for each weapon, and a new prestige challenge category

Completing it fully.

Original Poster

Is there an achivemnet for going "Prestige" ?

It gives you something to aim for, when i reached the top level on cod 4 i got bored, going prestige kept it fun

Tanchi;7185878

Is there an achivemnet for going "Prestige" ?

No

The benefit of Prestige is looking down your nose (and the barrell of your assualt rifle) at the mere mortals who have chosen not to grow a pair and join you.

Bomby;7185944

The benefit of Prestige is looking down your nose (and the barrell of … The benefit of Prestige is looking down your nose (and the barrell of your assualt rifle) at the mere mortals who have chosen not to grow a pair and join you.

You also get a new jump button when you have prestiged either fully or high up. Keep pressing the A button and Halo jump the map when fired upon it looks really cool and when you jump out /off from a location it's hilarious when someone shoots you in the head making you look a little foolish even though you think it looked cool, especially when you have a golden shotgun.

dontasciime;7186095

You also get a new jump button when you have prestiged either fully or … You also get a new jump button when you have prestiged either fully or high up. Keep pressing the A button and Halo jump the map when fired upon it looks really cool and when you jump out /off from a location it's hilarious when someone shoots you in the head making you look a little foolish even though you think it looked cool, especially when you have a golden shotgun.

Hahahaha.

I hate Halo jumpers in COD

I stayed at Lvl. 55 in CoD4 for ages, got bored of the game, theres just no point to MP if your not gaining something. Soon as I get the chance to prestige in MW2 I'm gonna go for it - you get to keep all your titles and emblems so thats not too bad - I've mastered the M4A1 and got the title for that :-D

You unlock more custom classes - Get a 6th on first prestige and I assume more as you go up.

It also gives you something to aim for - It's easy enough to level up, and you also get more challenges. If you're bored of being level 70, you can prestige and keep levelling.

I personally prestige as soon as I finish level 70.

Meadsy4742;7186303

I stayed at Lvl. 55 in CoD4 for ages, got bored of the game, theres just … I stayed at Lvl. 55 in CoD4 for ages, got bored of the game, theres just no point to MP if your not gaining something. Soon as I get the chance to prestige in MW2 I'm gonna go for it - you get to keep all your titles and emblems so thats not too bad - I've mastered the M4A1 and got the title for that :-D

When MW2 got here, I was on level 55, 9th prestige :P WAS SO CLOSE TO 10th!

Original Poster

Might give it a go when i hit 70 (lvl 50 at the mo).. although the AK-47 may keep me from pressing the "purge" button..

I just don't understand how people are already on the highest prestige - its crazy, they must play the game literally every minute they are awake.

Meadsy4742;7187433

I just don't understand how people are already on the highest prestige - … I just don't understand how people are already on the highest prestige - its crazy, they must play the game literally every minute they are awake.

...or XP Boost

^ 4sure
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69774
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions