Groups

Call Of Duty on the Xbox 360 can I sell it?

I have got Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox 360 as part of a console deal with my new Elite am I allowed to sell it on here or not as it was with my console?

30 Comments

As it was with console no, Ebay it, you'll get more, or trade it in and get another game

£41 in exchange in cex
    £35 cash

You can't if it came as part of a bundle.

How come you can't sell bundle games? Another silly rule put in place?

Original Poster

OK thanks will CEX it then I guess, Ebay wont pay more than that I wouldn't think

Meadsy4742;6845578

How come you can't sell bundle games? Another silly rule put in place?

You can but you have to bundle them with the original bundle they came with.

For example the entertainment pack including Batman/pure, needs to be sold with the controller.

I think the official response is RRP, as there is no for it.

You can't sell this here without the original console.

Try Avforums, or ebay.

Unfortunately it's due to people taking the michael with these items. (Profiteering my guess)

Adam2050;6845678

You can but you have to bundle them with the original bundle they came … You can but you have to bundle them with the original bundle they came with.

Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.

In my opinion it is a silly rule. A game is a game and as such it has a value whether it came bundled or not. Why it can't be sold separately for the same price as a game that was bought on it's own is beyond me.
    Someone selling a bundled game isn't automatically 'profiteering', they are just selling a game they don't want/need. Why should it be sold for less when it's the same game?

deek72;6845791

Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.

^ This.

its pathetic you cant sell bundle games/promo copies

Banned

DJNG22;6846081

its pathetic you cant sell bundle games/promo copies

promo copies are marked 'not for resale' generally so thats obvious why they arent allowed

Original Poster

Now I have highlighted I have COD MW2 as a bundle to sell damn, CEX it maybe then!

csiman;6846191

promo copies are marked 'not for resale' generally so thats obvious why … promo copies are marked 'not for resale' generally so thats obvious why they arent allowed

The 'not for resale' proviso is aimed at retailers. Any individual can do what they want with it. It's their property to decide if they want to sell it.

Original Poster

csiman;6846191

promo copies are marked 'not for resale' generally so thats obvious why … promo copies are marked 'not for resale' generally so thats obvious why they arent allowed

This isn't marked "Not For Resale"

deek72;6845791

Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.In my opinion it is a … Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.In my opinion it is a silly rule. A game is a game and as such it has a value whether it came bundled or not. Why it can't be sold separately for the same price as a game that was bought on it's own is beyond me. Someone selling a bundled game isn't automatically 'profiteering', they are just selling a game they don't want/need. Why should it be sold for less when it's the same game?

+1. couldn't agree more!!!

the profiteering rule on here is verging on the ridiculous, the sentiment behind it is fair enough as you don't want an influx of dodgy geezers selling cod for £40 etc but when it stops you froom selling something you recieved as a gift from a family member or a game you got "free" when you bought a console then its just crazy and benefits nobody.
    as already has been mentioned the only way round this is just be dishonest and don't mention where you got the game or item from.

would you be able to sell the 250gb hard drive that super elites come with?

deek72;6846283

The 'not for resale' proviso is aimed at retailers. Any individual can do … The 'not for resale' proviso is aimed at retailers. Any individual can do what they want with it. It's their property to decide if they want to sell it.

+1 - the concept is the same as a retailer splitting a 6 pack of coke and selling them individually. The rule stops retailers profiteering.

Why we cant sell a bundled game on here I dont know, they dont go for more than RRP and are often sold cheaper and so someone gets a bargain

Banned

nwressell;6846288

This isn't marked "Not For Resale"

I was referring to promo copies obviously!

Banned

deek72;6846283

The 'not for resale' proviso is aimed at retailers. Any individual can do … The 'not for resale' proviso is aimed at retailers. Any individual can do what they want with it. It's their property to decide if they want to sell it.

Still thought you cant sell them on here. :thinking:

nwressell;6846281

Now I have highlighted I have COD MW2 as a bundle to sell damn, CEX it … Now I have highlighted I have COD MW2 as a bundle to sell damn, CEX it maybe then!

But didn't you accidently just buy another copy of CoD MW2, which you are allowed to sell on here...

:whistling:

Banned

deek72;6845791

Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.In my opinion it is a … Or don't mention the fact that it came bundled.In my opinion it is a silly rule. A game is a game and as such it has a value whether it came bundled or not. Why it can't be sold separately for the same price as a game that was bought on it's own is beyond me. Someone selling a bundled game isn't automatically 'profiteering', they are just selling a game they don't want/need. Why should it be sold for less when it's the same game?

ants97;6846563

the profiteering rule on here is verging on the ridiculous, the sentiment … the profiteering rule on here is verging on the ridiculous, the sentiment behind it is fair enough as you don't want an influx of dodgy geezers selling cod for £40 etc but when it stops you froom selling something you recieved as a gift from a family member or a game you got "free" when you bought a console then its just crazy and benefits nobody. as already has been mentioned the only way round this is just be dishonest and don't mention where you got the game or item from.

These ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:thumbsup:

Original Poster

stufai;6847483

But didn't you accidently just buy another copy of CoD MW2, which you are … But didn't you accidently just buy another copy of CoD MW2, which you are allowed to sell on here...:whistling:

Just been out and bought a copy of COD MW 2 then realised that I already have a copy DOH!!! now I must sell one, anyone know of a good place to sell it!!!

LOL

nwressell;6845619

OK thanks will CEX it then I guess, Ebay wont pay more than that I … OK thanks will CEX it then I guess, Ebay wont pay more than that I wouldn't think

Sell your other copy of MW2 on here then mate :thumbsup:

besides, if someone couldnt get it due to sellouts you'd be doing someone a massive favour, which is what the sites all about

Well yes best not to mention, but if it's bundled in a flashed box then no you cant sell it. However if it is listed on your receipt as an individual game then there is no reason why you cant sell it IMO after reading the rules.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6848134

Well yes best not to mention, but if it's bundled in a flashed box then … Well yes best not to mention, but if it's bundled in a flashed box then no you cant sell it. However if it is listed on your receipt as an individual game then there is no reason why you cant sell it IMO after reading the rules.:thumbsup:

Well that changes things as its not a modded console and it is listed seperately on my receipt!

Original Poster

jonesytheblade;6848078

Sell your other copy of MW2 on here then mate :thumbsup:besides, if … Sell your other copy of MW2 on here then mate :thumbsup:besides, if someone couldnt get it due to sellouts you'd be doing someone a massive favour, which is what the sites all about

You know what I may just do that as I also have a power supply I need to sell, headset, 20gb Hard Drive and controller to sell too!

nwressell;6848201

Well that changes things as its not a modded console and it is listed … Well that changes things as its not a modded console and it is listed seperately on my receipt!

I meant 'flashed' as in the game bundled in box, not chipped.

Example:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eGY7MxxCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6848247

I meant 'flashed' as in the game bundled in box, not chipped.Example:

No its not that one either duh me! sorry

nwressell;6848224

You know what I may just do that as I also have a power supply I need to … You know what I may just do that as I also have a power supply I need to sell, headset, 20gb Hard Drive and controller to sell too!

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394

See more discussions