Call of duty on Xbox - differences between the games

Found 15th Dec 2017
Hi tech experts. Ok I posted about black ops 3 a while back. I can see there are lots of other versions of the games. Is it worth buying another one for my son and if so what is the difference between the games and which ones are your favourites? Thanks very much.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
not much difference apart from the time era. .latest one is set in ww2. the older ones are going to have less of an online presence. the latest one is very good, one of the best. favourite would be modern warfare 2 but that is a few years old now and not really worth getting.
Original Poster
discozohan1 h, 50 m ago

not much difference apart from the time era. .latest one is set in ww2. …not much difference apart from the time era. .latest one is set in ww2. the older ones are going to have less of an online presence. the latest one is very good, one of the best. favourite would be modern warfare 2 but that is a few years old now and not really worth getting.

the latest one is WW2 right? Thanks.
fairy1 h, 41 m ago

the latest one is WW2 right? Thanks.

Yes. A key factor is that if this is for multiplayer, the latest game will typically have the largest active number of players, even though the changes between each game may not be that large.

Noting that this is for your son, if we're talking about a young child, bear in mind that these are all 18 rated games - and on the multiplayer side, the CoD games are somewhat notorious for seeing very unpleasant language at times from many players
Original Poster
Thanks very much. He normally plays with his school friends on line so just wondered as they have black ops 3 would it be worth buying ww2 or just too similar to be interesting?
fairy6 h, 41 m ago

Thanks very much. He normally plays with his school friends on line so …Thanks very much. He normally plays with his school friends on line so just wondered as they have black ops 3 would it be worth buying ww2 or just too similar to be interesting?

if you can afford it then buy it, he won't be disappointed as it's a great game and his mates might get it for Xmas
My son and his friends are obsessed with the COD series. They all love ww2 and all regularly play online and career. As said before the language can be quite choice but it is an adult game and should be expected. Definitely worth getting if he is a gamer. My son will Ben getting the season pass for Xmas as he didn’t get it with the game
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions