Calling all Apple / IPhone experts - messages

Posted 15th Feb
Hi all.

I’ve have very long message threads on my phone (don’t judge - I just don’t delete messages...!).

Basically, I’ve used the search function and found the message I want, but when I click the message on the search function, it isn’t takes me to the last message on the thread. I’m assuming that as I haven’t messaged the person for a while, the thread has been archived or something.

The function works fine with other messages.

So my question, is there a nice easy simple way on my phone (IPhone 6s) to ‘un-archive’ the thread so that I can search and quick link to the message I want? There are literally thousands of messages so scrolling through them isn’t an option.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Hi, I have just tried this and after carrying out a search I have the option to ‘see all’.
Every instance of the search result is then listed and clicking on each takes me straight to the individual message.

I’m using an iPhone X on latest iOS version.
rofiquel15/02/2020 10:54

Hi, I have just tried this and after carrying out a search I have the …Hi, I have just tried this and after carrying out a search I have the option to ‘see all’.Every instance of the search result is then listed and clicking on each takes me straight to the individual message.I’m using an iPhone X on latest iOS version.

Thame for that - I click ‘see all’ which brings up all the results, but when I click them, it just takes me to the bottoms message of the thread. It only does this on one thread - I’m assuming it’s because no new messages have been sent / received it means that the entire thread has been archived. I can manually scroll through, but there are thousands of messages! Too many to work through individually!
I see what you mean now for old messages.
Unfortunately I don’t have an answer
rofiquel15/02/2020 15:35

I see what you mean now for old messages.Unfortunately I don’t have an a …I see what you mean now for old messages.Unfortunately I don’t have an answer

No problem - thanks for trying! I’ve now asked on the Apple support community. There must be a way of doing it as the messages are all there!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants