Calling all BMW X3 / X5 owners

Going to view a few used BMW X3 and X5's tomorrow (between 2003 and 2006).

Is there anything specific I should be looking out for? Any common problems etc?

Thanks in advance

15 Comments

I wouldn't go that late at night. It is getting dark by 20:03.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Original Poster

Bobbajob

I wouldn't go that late at night. It is getting dark by 20:03. Sorry, … I wouldn't go that late at night. It is getting dark by 20:03. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lmao

Yeah check the indicators, BMWs have them by all accounts but they are rarely used!

I use mine

gsj87

Lmao

​you didn't lmao did you? it wasn't even funny

Air suspension can be problematic and expensive to fix.

In that age of BMW the power steering pumps are known to be problematic, also if you are looking at an automatic, make sure the car is changing out of first gear smoothly when cold as this is another known problem.

Banned

what do you want?

Worn out bushes on the rear beam
If you test drive it "pump" the accelerator and listen for a thud on the rear end

Graham1979

Yeah check the indicators, BMWs have them by all accounts but they are … Yeah check the indicators, BMWs have them by all accounts but they are rarely used!

Think you are mistaking the Audi Indicator problem...Unlike most car's Audi indicators can only be operated by the big Knob behind the steering wheel...
Edited by: "Uridium" 29th Aug 2016

Uridium

Think you are mistaking the Audi Indicator problem...Unlike most car's … Think you are mistaking the Audi Indicator problem...Unlike most car's Audi indicators can only be operated by the big Knob behind the steering wheel...

And what do you drive mate. Let me guess something french lol

Pretty much everything

Banned

The only reason you'd get an X3 is because you can't afford the X5.

if looking at a 2.0 diesel check the current situation regarding timing chain failures and the bmw recall.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where can you buy cheap Iphone 7 Plus 128gb from?22
    2. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    4. Iptv33

See more discussions