Calling all PC Gamers!

Found 28th JulEdited by:"M0nk3h"
So recently I had an idea to get a little community going and wondered who'd be interested in joining?

I was considering to buy some server space so wanted an idea of what sort of games you guys would want to play or create a little community around. Maybe a little website with a forum on there etc. Nice clan tag and meet some people.

Obviously, budget would probably be limited to say a 20 slot Minecraft server or similar - anything else I guess we could create a PayPal pool or such and buy something bigger? Maybe add in a Discord/Teamspeak server in there.

It'd be restricted solely to PC gamers unless there's anything with Crossplay/dedicated server support.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Always find my self on Rocket League. Name same as here if anyone wants to party up.
Edited by: "rev6" 28th Jul
rev63 m ago

Always find my self on Rocket League. Name same as here if anyone wants to …Always find my self on Rocket League. Name same as here if anyone wants to party up.

That would be great as Rocket League just needs you all to be friends.

I guess what I'm trying to work out is if it'll be viable anymore to buy a domain and setup a forum.
M0nk3h52 m ago

That would be great as Rocket League just needs you all to be friends.I …That would be great as Rocket League just needs you all to be friends.I guess what I'm trying to work out is if it'll be viable anymore to buy a domain and setup a forum.

Probably not, people play many games and not all the same games. Meaning a clan may not have the same members across all games. Better to create a steam community.
cmdr_elito3 m ago

Probably not, people play many games and not all the same games. Meaning a …Probably not, people play many games and not all the same games. Meaning a clan may not have the same members across all games. Better to create a steam community.

Steam community is a good shout, would save on costs I guess.

It'd be nice to resurrect the 1.6/Source days by having a clan again - ah, those were the days!
M0nk3h20 m ago

Steam community is a good shout, would save on costs I guess.It'd be nice …Steam community is a good shout, would save on costs I guess.It'd be nice to resurrect the 1.6/Source days by having a clan again - ah, those were the days!

Yep I remember those days, clan matches late in the evening and at weekends. It’s all about twitch these days.
Pc community is trash so no thanks
I'd join up. Pretty new to PC gaming got nobody in my friends list lol
Yea much better making a community either Steam group of discord server
Snakeyes64613 h, 9 m ago

Care to explain?
Edited by: "M0nk3h" 29th Jul
Snakeyes64614 h, 29 m ago

123batman3213 h, 39 m ago

I'd join up. Pretty new to PC gaming got nobody in my friends list lol

Depends on the game, user nationality, but mainly whether playing competitively or for enjoyment. Usually early adoption of a on-line game normally provides a huge pool of like minded users that want to learn, understand and develop the game. So with a common goal, ideology and desire to compete or work as a team usually overcomes many obstacles including language! It is once the game and tactics become established and users become more competitive that many new players feel alienated or increasingly get targeted with abuse. Unfortunately this is when the abusive language, aggression, unfriendliness and cheating start to materialise.

From personal experience I've found that continental European players (especially the Germans) more friendly and accommodating than the British but if you persevere you normally find a group of people willing to join or provide help and assistance when needed.
nemesiz20 h, 16 m ago

Depends on the game, user nationality, but mainly whether playing …Depends on the game, user nationality, but mainly whether playing competitively or for enjoyment. Usually early adoption of a on-line game normally provides a huge pool of like minded users that want to learn, understand and develop the game. So with a common goal, ideology and desire to compete or work as a team usually overcomes many obstacles including language! It is once the game and tactics become established and users become more competitive that many new players feel alienated or increasingly get targeted with abuse. Unfortunately this is when the abusive language, aggression, unfriendliness and cheating start to materialise. From personal experience I've found that continental European players (especially the Germans) more friendly and accommodating than the British but if you persevere you normally find a group of people willing to join or provide help and assistance when needed.

Its definitely the british and americans that are toxic in the pc community, pc gamer for 20 years and wow is probably the best community on any gaming platform but other games such as BF/cod/squad and LOL/ow off the top of my head are terrible.

Also the amount of cheating on pc makes it pointless compared to console gaming.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 30th Jul
Snakeyes6463 h, 11 m ago

Its definitely the british and americans that are toxic in the pc …Its definitely the british and americans that are toxic in the pc community, pc gamer for 20 years and wow is probably the best community on any gaming platform but other games such as BF/cod/squad and LOL/ow off the top of my head are terrible.Also the amount of cheating on pc makes it pointless compared to console gaming.

I'd disagree with that - heavily. Been in many communities, dating back to CS 1.6, which have been decent and have had decent members - something we can change. You just have to find one that suits you.

With your logic of cheating though, is nonsence. We may as well stop developing any sort of software because there is piracy. Or stop developing games because there will always be cheaters.

It doesn't make it pointless at all - who's to say cheating isn't on console?
M0nk3h3 h, 16 m ago

I'd disagree with that - heavily. Been in many communities, dating back to …I'd disagree with that - heavily. Been in many communities, dating back to CS 1.6, which have been decent and have had decent members - something we can change. You just have to find one that suits you.With your logic of cheating though, is nonsence. We may as well stop developing any sort of software because there is piracy. Or stop developing games because there will always be cheaters.It doesn't make it pointless at all - who's to say cheating isn't on console?

It's personal opinion, the likelihood of someone having the same experiences as me is slim as you need to be right there and then in the moment I guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants