Calling all who cancelled their 3 contracts because of "3 like Home Termination"

Between 4th and 7th of June Mrs EliTom and I cancelled three contracts with 3.

One was my own phone, one was her second phone and one was a contract I had taken out for my Dad to use. My contract had about 6 months to run and the other 2 about 3 months to run.

In all cases we had the usual run around and long discussions with the 3 Customer Service people but in all cases they gave in and issued the PAC. We were actually did have plans to visit Italy in August (just got back). We also clarified in all cases that clause 10.1(d) was applicable and that no cancellation fees applied. A letter was send to 3 to back-up the phone calls.

Within a week we had used the PAC codes and had bills with varying amounts of credit / debit and stating that the accounts were now closed.

Now the nasty bit. One month later in July 3 sent bills for the two contracts that had 3 months to run with cancellation charges for approx £45 each. At this stage I ignored the bills as I had cancelled my direct debit by this point. My wife then checked her bank account and 3 had cancelled her direct debit!

Anyway when we returned from holidaying in Italy we had letter from 3 Credit Management requesting the outstanding balance. And finally today I have received another letter from 3 Credit Management threatening debit collection agencies, legal costs and credit reference agencies.

So today I called 3 and they say that we did not request cancellation because if 3 like home finishing and that we had accepted the cancellation charges during the phone calls to 3!!!!

Anyone else had this?

Where do we stand legally? I bet 3 cannot produce recordings of the phone conversation when we did cancel due to 3 like home

Any helpful comments gratefully received

Thanks for reading

EliTom

8 Comments

Banned

not meaning to jack your thread mate ,but my three contract ended yesterday, took me ages to get out of it as the cheeky fookers kept hanging up when asked their name anyhows so glad to be rid and hope you get your stuff sorted,,,total scumbags three!

Original Poster

RFC;6051776

not meaning to jack your thread mate ,but my three contract ended … not meaning to jack your thread mate ,but my three contract ended yesterday, took me ages to get out of it as the cheeky fookers kept hanging up when asked their name anyhows so glad to be rid and hope you get your stuff sorted,,,total scumbags three!

not only scumbags but they clearly think they are beyond the law.

only problem I have is taht they say I accepted the T&Cs, so may end up in court and they must produce the recordings of the calls !!!!!

EliTom

I cancelled a 3 contract, went to the bank to cancel direct debit, and was told that although I have cancelled it, 3 have on occasions re instructed the bank to set up the DD, and have withdrawn whatever they feel they are owed!!! (barclays bank). So keep an eye on your account. It can then be claimed back supposedly. (my issues with 3 were over faulty phones, poor reception and shxt customer service.)

id contact consumer direct. its free and they are really helpfull. I contacted them once and withing a week i recieved free legal advice, and a phone call from trading standards. ill link the site in a mo.
consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Original Poster

leecroot;6052934

id contact consumer direct. its free and they are really helpfull. I … id contact consumer direct. its free and they are really helpfull. I contacted them once and withing a week i recieved free legal advice, and a phone call from trading standards. ill link the site in a mo.http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

yes of course - why did I not think of them

I have actually recommended them to others but never actaully used them myself.

thanks - rep to be left

EliTom

elitom;6052992

yes of course - why did I not think of them :)I have actually recommended … yes of course - why did I not think of them :)I have actually recommended them to others but never actaully used them myself.thanks - rep to be leftEliTom

Good luck. They were really helpfull, but then thats their job!

fortunately the premise in english law is "who accuses, must prove", if they are claiming acceptance of other terms and conditions, they must prove this, ask them to do so (in a recorded delivery letter) and offer to pay if they can, end of case.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions